Rossi 44 Mag Snubbie

This is a discussion on Rossi 44 Mag Snubbie within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking for a Ruger Super Blackhawk when I run across this little beauty....(I also bought a SBH)...

Thread: Rossi 44 Mag Snubbie

Rossi 44 Mag Snubbie

I was looking for a Ruger Super Blackhawk when I run across this little beauty....(I also bought a SBH)

2. Remove Ads

Never shot one but like the looks good job

I've got one. I also have a pic of it identical to that..... creepy. Anyway. It's nothing more than a $300 .44 mag. One of the chambers (I think thats what they're called) is getting really scratched up where the rim contacts the cylinder. The sights are off, and I haven't taken the time to adjust them. I got that to use as my primary defensive gun when hunting (bow or rifle), but as my trips to the north mid west increase, the Rossi will eventually be replaced with a Ruger Alaskan in .454. I've got about 200 rounds of mag through it, no problems except for the sights and the small part on the cylinder. It would make a pretty good "boat gun" I bet. Powerful and cheap enough that if it goes swimming, it's not a huge deal. It's one of those "Is what it is" guns.
    Something witty

Forgive my photoshop (paint) skills, but here is what I'm talking about. It's been a few months since I shot it, and while I was taking that pic, I dry fired it. The trigger is amazing for the cost. I forgot about that. It's not an easy to find breaking point, but the trigger is about as good as the LCR. It appears to have no take up, a bit of stacking, but it's smooth stacking. It's a very smooth trigger.

2013-06-20 19.40.10.jpg

Edit: I tried to make it bigger, but that's the best I can do. I hope it helps.
    Attached Images
    Something witty

I've read issues about the sights ..mine are right on at 25 ft..with 240gr 44 mag loads .. and my trigger was surprising great.....

I 'm planning on toteing this gun some with fairly heavy 240 gr HP 44 Specials ..they are bit snappy for my Charter Bulldawg but are tamed somewhat in the Rossi..

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    A friend of many years has one of them has only shot 44spl thru and he loves it, he has had it blued twice and never run a mag load thru it and it goes everywhere. I think you have a winner

As far as less expensive revolvers go, Rossis are pretty good. I have heard that Rossi is higher quality than Taurus, even though Rossi is owned by Taurus. As for me, I like .44 mags, but I don't personally feel the itch to have one in snubby format. As Dirt Harry once said, "A man's got to know his limitations." I have learned mine, and I try to stay within them.

Anyway, glad you like it.

Links