XD-S 9mm First Time Out

XD-S 9mm First Time Out

This is a discussion on XD-S 9mm First Time Out within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought a Springfield Armory XD-S 9mm on Tuesday (as per previous posts). Finally got time to test fire it. Haven't shot a pistol in 20+ ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By b2187101
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: XD-S 9mm First Time Out

XD-S 9mm First Time Out

Bought a Springfield Armory XD-S 9mm on Tuesday (as per previous posts). Finally got time to test fire it. Haven't shot a pistol in 20+ years (all those were .22s).

I had one box of Blazers aluminum ammo. Shot 36 times. Not really qualified to give a range report, it's the only gun I own. ha ha. I was surprised how accurate the gun was. I was shooting at 7-10 BIG paces (I'm 6'1"). I was a really crude outdoor range, just me and the mosquitos. Learned that I need better hearing protection... shoot a little LOW and to the LEFT (my guess trigger pull on my part).

The gun worked flawlessly. No Issues except a really stiff slide release lever. Had a lot of fun too.
    Attached Images
    Kennydale likes this.

I love firing a new pistol. especially when it works so good. Nice looking target.
    NRA Life Member

Good call.....I just picked up a XD last week :) you hit the target ....no worries

Really wanting the xds in 9mm. 9mm is my favorite round, I love my xds chambered in .45, only makes since I should get the 9. Congrats on the purchase!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The positive reviews I keep reading on the new XDs 9 makes me feel confident I made a good choice in an easy to conceal 9mm! I'm getting mine out of layaway hopefully tomorrow. It also seems to be an extremely hot seller.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I dunno. The XDs empty weighs more than an empty baby Glock. Yes, it is thinner, but I cannot understand why it is such a porker for what it is.
    DetChris likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Sounds and looks like you did a good job! Well Done! If you like it, please keep shooting it to get familiar and better!

Do you plan to carry it?

Posted using Tapatalk.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I dunno. The XDs empty weighs more than an empty baby Glock. Yes, it is thinner, but I cannot understand why it is such a porker for what it is.
    All polymer Springfields are heavy for some unknown reason. Compared to Glocks or even Rugers, XD pistols feel like boat anchors. I sold off all my SA's for that reason plus their crazy high bore axis. Haven't regretted that decision at all.

The XDs in 9mm is an excellent pistol and I prefer it to my XDs in 45.

You made a good choice.

Great choice and pretty good shooting for not having fired a handgun in years!

Sponsored Links