M&P 40 Purchase

This is a discussion on M&P 40 Purchase within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a used M&P 40 from a Police Officer friend. He was issued a brand new M&P by the department & bought his ...

Thread: M&P 40 Purchase

GH [OP]

M&P 40 Purchase

I just bought a used M&P 40 from a Police Officer friend. He was issued a brand new M&P by the department & bought his old one back. He sold it to me for the price he had to pay for it - $370 which I think is better than fair. It's almost pristine & came with 3 mags but no palm swells other than the one he used. His hand is exactly the same size as mine & after much trial & error at the time it was issued to him he settled on the medium grip. No surprise there. This will be a good addition to my slowly growing collection of S&W firearms. I had carried (and still will) a Sigma 40VE & have an M&P 40C on order from a police supply store. So far I've been waiting about 6 months for delivery. It should be any day now according to the store's notice from S&W. The store has heard that song before on the first of April, lol.

Now if I can get my Glock 23 & 21 back from my son. Fat chance of that happening, lol, even though he likes his police department issue M&P 40 a little better.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Sounds like you got a good deal! Well Done.

Posted using Tapatalk.
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I unexpectedly bought an M&P45 a while back...love it. Trigger feels a little different than my Glocks, but the ergos are fantastic. Enjoy.

Links