new conceal carry rig

This is a discussion on new conceal carry rig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello everyone , hope all is well for you all today. just wanted to drop a few pics of my new conceal carry set up. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By skitchk20
  • 1 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 1 Post By skitchk20
  • 1 Post By smolck
  • 1 Post By Old_Dog

Thread: new conceal carry rig

new conceal carry rig

hello everyone , hope all is well for you all today. just wanted to drop a few pics of my new conceal carry set up. carrying this little thunderbolt with a MIC holster and one extra magazine. much more comfy for me than my G23 but I still have it just use it for the glovebox with the fullsize G22 for the house.
    Attached Images
    Drgnfly likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the new rig! Looks great.

VIP Member
    Sweet, love the two tone.

Quote Originally Posted by skitchk20 View Post
    hello everyone , hope all is well for you all today. just wanted to drop a few pics of my new conceal carry set up. carrying this little thunderbolt with a MIC holster and one extra magazine. much more comfy for me than my G23 but I still have it just use it for the glovebox with the fullsize G22 for the house.
    Do you walk on your hands?
    Warmon likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I'm assuming that's the G27 since he other two are .40? I can't read the slide. Great trio of guns you have!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

ni I don't walk on my hands don't know where your going with that one pics are upside down for reasons I don't know used my phone for the pics. yes its a G27 gen 4 OD green/Black combo .
    DJC7 likes this.

Never understood the moving from a G23/19 to a G26/27 if you use extended mags. Took this pic from another thread on here, they are darn near the same size (it is a 26 on top of a 19). You loose the longer sight radius, the higher capacity, and the better ballistics of the 4" barrel for roughly 1/8" worth of grip reduction. Not a great trade IMO.

Glad it works for you and you are happy with it though.
    Drgnfly likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Well Done! It's always nice to add a new glock to the collection! I would say....let us know how she shoots, but I already know, I own those 3 models too!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I agree. I learned that you can learn more with a ruler than you can by reading the internet. :)
    Aceoky likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Never understood the moving from a G23/19 to a G26/27 if you use extended mags. Took this pic from another thread on here, they are darn near the same size (it is a 26 on top of a 19). You loose the longer sight radius, the higher capacity, and the better ballistics of the 4" barrel for roughly 1/8" worth of grip reduction. Not a great trade IMO.

For the most part I agree with you, but if you have the smaller gun you have the option of running it with the flush mag or the extended. This is really a great thing as I've found with my Nano. Most of the time I carry my Nano 8+1 with the extended mag. Obviously the extra rounds is nice and it's a little easier to shoot well with the longer grip. But when I really need concealment I can run with the 6+1 mag and hide the gun under just a T-shirt. This is a great option, and one I chose when I go to see a movie. The theater is posted 'no firearms' and while in this state the sign has no force of law, if my gun was printing I'd probably be asked to leave.

One interesting option that I've been seeing lately is cutting down the grip of a larger Glock to accept the shorter mag. Since the main factor in concealing a gun is the length of the grip you get the shorter grip of a compact with the sight radius and slide velocity of a larger gun. If you can get the conversion is might be the best option.

Sorry to get off topic, skitchk20! Good lookin' little sidearm you've got there.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Congrats on the new pistol. I carry my 27 quite often and many times use a MIC holster as well. It works surprisingly well. With certain pants/shirt combinations I'm able to pocket carry the 27.
    Last edited by Tundra5.7; June 23rd, 2013 at 01:38 PM.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Looks good. Im starting to like the FDE color on guns a little more. A break from the traditional black. More color choices are pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post

Never thought of it that way. I don't know much about glocks, just that I was interested in a 26/7. I have a 9c S&W now for EDC.

I'd like to get a second pistol. Once I move out of NY, hopefully within the next month or so. I will have my father's Sig 226 transferred to me, but I don't know how that will be to carry haha.

Links