My new Girsan 1911

This is a discussion on My new Girsan 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked this up from my LGS last week. Thus far, especially for the price, I'm impressed with the fit and finish. Everything seems tight and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My new Girsan 1911

My new Girsan 1911

Picked this up from my LGS last week. Thus far, especially for the price, I'm impressed with the fit and finish. Everything seems tight and well put together. The finish is even and very well done. Much better than the RIAs I've owned. (Loved the RIA, but never was fond of its finish.) Cycling the slide is smooth; the trigger, crisp with very little travel. Nothing beats a 1911 trigger in my opinion. Above all that, it passes the 1911s list of safety checks.

For a budget 1911, so far, I'm very impressed. We'll see how she performs...
    msgt/ret, darbo and bmcgilvray like this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Define "budget".

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Define "budget".
    Can get them off Bud's for under $400 all day long. Budget no matter what gun you're talking about, and damn sure budget for a 1911.

OP keep us updated, have heard great things about the Girsans for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Define "budget".
    I paid $450'ish. Total, with transfer fee, was under $500. Apologies, should have mentioned that earlier.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

VIP Member
    'Nice-looking pistol. I've been hoping some of ya'll would start trying these out. Bud's swears by them.

'Looking forward to range reports and updates.

{edit} Is that a FLGR that I see? That should be the first thing to go.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Nice-looking pistol. I've been hoping some of ya'll would start trying these out. Bud's swears by them.

'Looking forward to range reports and updates.

{edit} Is that a FLGR that I see? That should be the first thing to go.
    It does have a FLGR. There are a few upgrades I can think of. The first being the mag. It comes with one ACT mag. I disassembled and cleaned it as well..but its still an ACT mag. It had some goo in it and felt a little sticky when the follower was depressed. Seems to cycle OK, but could be easily improved with a Chip or Wilson. The second would be the FLGR and perhaps a more substantial barrel bushing. I don't see much issue with it 'as is' though.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
    It does have a FLGR. There are a few upgrades I can think of. The first being the mag. It comes with one ACT mag. I disassembled and cleaned it as well..but its still an ACT mag. It had some goo in it and felt a little sticky when the follower was depressed. Seems to cycle OK, but could be easily improved with a Chip or Wilson. The second would be the FLGR and perhaps a more substantial barrel bushing. I don't see much issue with it 'as is' though.
    I have an ATI that came with the ACT mags, and I immediately upgraded it to Wilsons. No good. Oddly, it only cycles consistently with the ACT mags.

Very nice. I have heard good things about them. I believe they are made I Turkey.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Very nice. I have heard good things about them. I believe they are made I Turkey.
    Some may balk at that, but I don't mind. I've been in touch with the manufacturer with some positive results. However, due to time differences, there is some delay with their response...but not terribly so. I've asked about the availability of extra parts and the weight of the factory recoil spring. (Complete back-up pin set and stainless grip screws.) We'll see where that takes us. I'm curious about how their CS will respond.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

I bought a Tisas 1911 and upgraded it with a few colt and wilson parts. Still well under 600 bucks total for everything, fired it at the range yesterday with what I thought were the Chip Mccormic mags I bought it was the standard magazine that came with it, was pleasantly surprised, out of 300 rounds, had two failures from the rounds not chambering and feeding out of the magazine. I am very happy with it for the price I paid.
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    It has an accessory rail on it, it's not a real 1911!

Seriously, give us a range report on it, when you've shot it.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    The only thing I saw that I was not too fond of was the warning engraving..

Other than that it looks nice.

It looks alright...but I am msaving for an STI
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

IF you ever have to use it, I'd much rather have a <$500 pistol confiscated than a Les Bauer , Wilson etc. and the BG will be just as incapacitated , a .45 is still a .45 might be why I carry a RIA Government 1911 A1

I handled (but didn't shoot) one of these the other day. It looked and felt nice. The tolerances were "tight."

I'm sure there are some MIM parts inside, but it looks like a nice base from which to customize.
    "You ask for a miracle, I give you the F.B.I."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links