Glock finger groove removal few pics

This is a discussion on Glock finger groove removal few pics within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always liked the gen 2's, that's what I first shot when I was a kid. I spent about an hour and half working away, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glock finger groove removal few pics

Glock finger groove removal few pics

I always liked the gen 2's, that's what I first shot when I was a kid. I spent about an hour and half working away, still need to take it down another 2mm or so but I went ahead and stippled where I removed the grooves just to get a feel for it.
    FGR.JPGfgr2.JPG

2. Remove Ads

Looks good.

I agree on the Gen 2 vs. Gen 3 grip.

The finger grooves on my 19 don't fit my fat fingers. Anyway, I've sanded the grooves away carefully. At this point they are gentle swells. Have not stippled. Ideally, I would want the whole front of the grip to be the same.

Yea I'm going to give the stippling a try for a few days, I left myself enough room to try a few different things before I am completely flush with the original textured flats

all finished, feels pretty good
    4sg.JPG4sg3.JPG4sg4.JPG

I give you an "A" for craftsmanship and an "A" for making your gun the way YOU want it. But I like the grooves.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Nice work! I'll keep my Gen 4, but ill give credit where credit is due. I have yet to grow the balls to take a sander to $500. I just don't trust my capability enough.

Between the grip force adapter and the finger grooves being gone I get proper CONSISTANT draw from my holster now, my fingers were just too wide for the grooves

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    Between the grip force adapter and the finger grooves being gone I get proper CONSISTANT draw from my holster now, my fingers were just too wide for the grooves
    I agree. I cannot use gun with finger groves. My fingers are far to fat and always land on high points. Nice work on the stippling.
    Visit my blog at www.scgunblog.com
    Follow my on twitter @scgunblog

I avoid finger grooves myself. If I ever did trade into a "keepin'" Glock it'd have to be a pre-finger groove model for I'm not about to venture into re-sculpting molded finger grooves. Admire those who are willing to commit to such alterations.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I have a gen 2 and a gen 3 but have not yet committed to finger ridge removal. But I don't like the ridges so I expect to take them down. Did you use a tool? Or by hand for the sanding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Your work is first rate and better than 90% of those amateur gunsmiths than ususally take a Dremel to a Glock.
    I am a fan of the finger grooves on the 3rd Gen Glocks, but there is nothing like the original "finger groove-less" versions.

Sap03 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    That is some fine work.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the compliments guys this was my first time doing anything like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I have a gen 2 and a gen 3 but have not yet committed to finger ridge removal. But I don't like the ridges so I expect to take them down. Did you use a tool? Or by hand for the sanding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First I did a little research to make sure it wouldn't weaken the frame at all and when I found it would be just fine I got started & taped off with some scotch blue painters tape.
    I started of with a dremel, I stuck the dremel in my vice and carefully broke the points of the grooves. you can screw up real quick with dremel so once I flattened the grooves out a little I took a file to them. with the glock in the vice I filed away until they were near flush. Next some 2000grit sand paper to smooth it out a little. After that I plugged in the soldering iron and put a very mild stippling on it. That's it. All in all I would say about 2 1/2 or 3 hours with me taking my time.
    Yoda likes this.

That's the best home-performed dremel job I've seen in a long time. I was already cringing before I opened the thread, so I'm glad you proved me wrong! Saw a few really, really bad ones on gunbroker today when I was looking around. Interesting that you mention how it improved your draw, I never actually thoguht about that aspect. I have always assumed guys did this to make their gun look cool and/or unique or to do a complete 'grip reduction', but never thought of the draw. Nice work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links