EAA Witness 9 vs. Bersa Thunder 9

This is a discussion on EAA Witness 9 vs. Bersa Thunder 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking at both of these semi auto handguns but have no first hand knowledge of either. Both function well and appear to be ...

Thread: EAA Witness 9 vs. Bersa Thunder 9

EAA Witness 9 vs. Bersa Thunder 9

I am looking at both of these semi auto handguns but have no first hand knowledge of either. Both function well and appear to be in good condition. My question is choosing one over the other so anyone knowledgeable on either? Reliability, accuracy, ease of use, faults?
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

2. Remove Ads

I c an only speak to the Bersa. I have a Thunder 9 UC.. its not the newer PRO version though.. and i dont know if the one you are looking at is or not. The PRO models are nice for the money. Polygonal rifling, loaded chamber indicator, small but useful front rail, etc.. My model Thunder 9 has been flawless. Never a malf. But the same could be said of any gun, just as any high priced gem of a custom made piece could malf.. so really that should be no indicator on any pistol.

I love the ergonomics of the Bersa, it fits my hand like a glove, and the EAA looks like it would too. I hear many good things about them. You're just going to have to find a way to hold and shoot both to decide whats good for you.

I've shot both the EAA Witness and the Bersa Thunder 9. Haven't owned either, but have owned a few of the CZ-75 series pistols over the years. The EAA Witness is basically a clone of the CZ 75 line.

Over the past year and more, many folks have posted great comments, here on DC, about the Bersa Thunder Ultra Carry Pro. And there aren't too many folks who have bad things to say about the CZ 75's, no matter what flavor. Years ago, I shot an EAA Witness as one of my first introductions to handguns. Loved the ergonomics, balance, reliability. Very accurate, in my hands. A few CZ P-01's and 75's since then, even more so.

I wouldn't kick either one out of the stable, myself. Preference would be for a CZ 75 series pistol over the EAA Witness, personally, but only because I'd rather have the original.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

What he said love the CZ 75 p01 great shooter compact

I can not speak to the Bersa; however, I am a fan of the Witness line. I have had a Witness "P-Carry" in 9mm, a regular blued Witness in .45, and an Elite Match, also in .45.

I find the CZ75 line to be intensely fascinating. Getting a Witness in their "wonder" finish would be a good way to intro yourself to owning the CZ75 pattern/platform.
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

I have a Bersa UC Pro 9 and I love it! Fits my hand perfectly, looks great, and shoots really smooth! I carry with IWB holster and it conceals real nicely! I get lots of compliments about my Bersa and everyone I let shoot it have nothing but good things to say. I tried lots of guns before I bought and when I picked up my Bersa I knew it was the perfect gun for me.

Links