Are you totally happy with the pistol you own right now?

This is a discussion on Are you totally happy with the pistol you own right now? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you own your favorite gun? Any new gun out of the box is the perfect one for you?...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Are you totally happy with the pistol you own right now?

Do you own your favorite gun?
    Any new gun out of the box is the perfect one for you?

Dang good question.

I bought a Sig Nightmare Carry last month, and as awesome as it is, I need to practice more on building that muscle memory back in regards to working the thumb safety. I have not had a 1911 for almost 2.5 years prior to this purchase, so it has been a concern of mine. Oh well, just something to work on!
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

No gun is perfect. The trick, for me anyway, is to find one that has the least drawbacks that I can live with. Holsters are a bigger challenge in trying to find "the right one".
    rachilders likes this.

Hmmm....each gun i have fills a certain role, and it is perfect for that role. I dont have one gun that does everything perfectly.... thats why i buy more guns :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

my xdm is about as close as ive come. if only it were all steel or atleast alloy. oh well.

EdC
    For me, the M&P 9c is close. There's always something that bugs me a little about every carry gun I've used. For example, I wish the undercut on the M&P's trigger guard was more like the Glock's. It rubs up hard against my middle finger, and when I practice a lot, it hurts.
    I might try a little reshaping on my blue gun first, and see if I can "improve" it. No big deal, though, and nothing I'm not used to, but I think my "perfect" gun would be a little bit of this from gun "X", a little bit of that from gun "Y", etc.

I am not totally happy with my P95. I like everything about the gun except the fact that I can barely go a full magazine without a hiccup of some sort. I know that's not the norm for these pistols so as soon as we pick up my wife's new pistol (today!) I'm going to send it in to hopefully get fixed. Eventually (hopefully somewhat soon) I plan on getting a G26 or 19 hoping it'll be THE pistol.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

P229, yes

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I love my XD 9 right out of the box, but that does not mean there is something out there that is better for me.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    Yes, Glock 23, the grip , slide+barrel and capacity are full size-ish to me and it carries very nicely - compact-ish. I practice with it almost almost daily (usually dry fire practice + also drawing and mag changes) so I am very proficient + comfortable with it. I use a G19 for IDPA, that's the only other pistol I would trade for. So far anyways, but I feel set.
    FlaRon likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

SR40C for EDC and Kimber 4" for sometimes carry and absolutely love both guns..

I lost all of my firearms in tragic boating accident....darnit it.
    FlaRon, foxytwo and WINTEJER000 like this.

VIP Member
    I have really enjoyed my S&W Full Size 9 and Shield out of the box. But those are my first two pistols I've owned...I don't have enough experience yet to really give "expert" opinion on this. When I buy a few more pistols in the next few years, I think I'll be better equipped to give personal insight here.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

VIP Member
    Every gun has good and no so good features. To have the perfect gun you would have to have it built special. Then once you started shooting it, you would find something you would have done different.
    miller_man likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Of course I own my favorite gun, but its not perfect. I can't imagine any gun is.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links