Taurus: Worst Customer Service Ever

This is a discussion on Taurus: Worst Customer Service Ever within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My saga of misery dealing with Taurus CS reached a new peak today. (In order): -My 740 has been there for almost 3 months now, ...

My saga of misery dealing with Taurus CS reached a new peak today.

(In order):
    -My 740 has been there for almost 3 months now, including since I first sent the barrel due to rust, which they promptly lost. After a month, I called to inquire and they had no record of my serialed part ever arriving, in spite of my confirmed shipping via UPS (at my expense).

-After deciding I wasn't making it up, they said I needed to send the remaining parts in, at my "discounted" cost of $65. I refused and subsequently told the CS manager that I'd just sell the parts at a yard sale and contact the TX AG's office. They eventually relented and paid for a Fedex label.

-After letting the 8-12 weeks they quoted me pass (8), I checked online to see the status and noticed it said "firearm shipped". After another 3 days, I had never heard nor received anything. I checked it again and it still said "shipped".

-Called today, after 3 separate tries and about 45 mins on hold, I got a person (who actually spoke English, an accomplishment itself), she checked and told me that it was shipped 3 weeks ago and Fedex was unable to deliver it and returned it to them. Instead of bothering to contact me, they just have had it sitting there for 2 weeks with no plans to do anything with it. They claim the Fedex record said "unable to deliver, business was closed". Now a)it wasn't going to a business address, it was going to my building (home) address and was to be signed for by my concierge, which is done everyday for signature deliveries with no problems. My building office keep a log of what they sign for and they show no record of an attempt to deliver something from Taurus.

-Taurus insists that they must use the EXACT SAME PROCESS to ship to me again, BUT they are in "inventory mode" until July 8 and nothing goes out for any reason until at least then.

Bottom line, Taurus took two months to send me a new barrel after they lost the first one (by their own incompetence), made me send in all the guns parts for no real reason, sat around then decided to ship it to me without telling me via Fedex who didn't bother to deliver it because either a)their driver is lazy or b) it got stolen and I don't know it yet. Now they are going to sit around another two weeks, again for no reason, and start the whole process again and still probably not get it to me.

What should I do? Other than never buy a Taurus again (I sold the 24/7 .45 I bought last month already FYI). I have to say, this is the worst CS I have ever encountered from a company of any type, ever.

Can you get a copy of the FedEx label? They probably shipped it to the wrong address.

Short of what you are doing, I have no blindingly brilliant suggestion.

Did you send your gun to Argentina, or did you send it to a U.S. location?

The reason I ask is that I sent something to a missionary in Argentina one time and it took FedEx 11 months to deliver an overnight package.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I owned 1 Taurus, and two Rossi revolvers years ago.

Rossi CS was much better but Taurus owns Rossi now.

I've never had a problem with any Ruger I've bought, but can't say the same
    for other companies.

Hope they get your gun back to you soon.

...it was because of problems folks binhavin' with quality and that kind of idiotic poor service that I got rid of my .44 snubs, which I loved...I won't buy another Taurus/Rossi...I feel your pain...every customer service contact I've had with them was rude and antagonistic...money's too hard to come by to beg them to take my business...hope you get relief soon...

This isn't the first time I have heard Taurus CS sucks.

Colt, Glock, S&W have excellent customer service in my experiences.

You have to watch FedEx. My neighbor had the same thing happen. FedEx driver said unable to deliver to a house where she was home all day every day.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Sorry to hear of your pains with Taurus and Fed Ex.

I once waited all day at my mother's house for a package that required signature for delivery. Long story short, I stayed in the front room all day except for one 5 minute trip to the bathroom. No sticker or paperwork left on the door and the Fed Ex website shows something to the effect of Delivery Attempted. BS.

Waiting for deliveries just plain sucks.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

The CS rep repeated the address they sent it to and it matched my exact street and condo # verbatim so that wasn't it. It is really too bad I can't have it sent to my office, we have the same FedEx guy (Jim) everyday and have for several years, he's great and actually does his job. Unfortunately, that isn't possible, I asked and Taurus said no. I'm not sure if its legal anyway, but they won't do it regardless.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I purchased a TCP380 Raspberry for my daughter that was a Jam-O-Matic out of the box, it was field stripped and cleaned, tried different ammo, changed magazines, changed shooters and it continued to FTF about every three rounds. Called Taurus, they recommended I try a different brand of ammo and break the gun in. I explained what i had done and requested that I be allowed to return it under warranty at their expense, they beat around the bush, but finally agreed. The gun was returned and after about six weeks I called, the gun was to be shipped the next day, the next day turned out to be three weeks. Went to the range that night, same problem. Filed a permanent note into memory, "Never buy another Taurus product". My daughter is now a very happy owner of a Ruger LCP that has been flawless.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

My only experience with a Taurus has been with a revolver and I sure hope I'll never need to deal with their CS after hearing so many stories like these. So far, so good though.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Customer service ain't easy, and obviously they don't have it down. Probably the best reason to buy a Smith, Ruger, etc. IMHO Smith revolvers are often hideously overpriced, but at least you know they'll take care of you.

I had a SW9F - yes, the infamous first-gen Sigma. Perhaps predictably, the guide rod broke. I found the part numbers and called to order replacements for that and a weak mag spring. The guy kind of sighed when I told him what I had, and got my address. He was about to sign off, and I said "don't you need my payment info?" He said no, and a week later I had my parts entirely free of charge.

Now granted, it was about $12 worth of parts, but still, THAT'S service. No muss, no fuss, and soon my 17-year-old weapon was happily throwing casings at my forehead again. (Maybe I should have asked about an extractor, come to think of it.) I would have no hesitation about buying any S&W product, even though they're pricey. It's worth it for the peace of mind.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Links