LC9 vs SCCY vs Nano

LC9 vs SCCY vs Nano

This is a discussion on LC9 vs SCCY vs Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who has had 2 or 3 of these that they could directly compare them? What did you find? Pros and cons....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: LC9 vs SCCY vs Nano

LC9 vs SCCY vs Nano

Who has had 2 or 3 of these that they could directly compare them?

What did you find? Pros and cons.

Had the LC9 and currently own the Nano. Both excellent guns but the trigger on the LC9 was waaaaay to long for me. I find the Nano easier to shoot, more accurate(for me) and it has a much better trigger. Both are fine firearms and you can't go wrong with either. Don't have a clue about the SCCY. Good luck in your search. Try and rent these guns to find out what works for you.

I rented an LC9 about a year ago. It was a really nice gun. The only reason I didn't get it was due to the thumb safety and me being left handed. The Nano does look like a really good gun too, but I have no experience with it.

The only experience I had was holding the LC9 and the Nano and dry firing at the gun store. Both are good guns, i ended up buying the LC9 it just seemed to fit my hand better.

CJ,
    I have an LC9 and did have a Nano that I recently sold. This is only my opinion.. I found the Nano trigger heavy, it would pinch my index finger and when I shot the gun it seemed to require more concentration to shoot well, to me it also felt a bit top heavy. It was 100% reliable. The LC9 is my EDC, I had no problems adjusting to the trigger, its long but lighter than the Nano and it is easy to stage, I know exactly where it will break to fire the gun. I am much more accurate with the LC9 than I was with the Nano. The LC9 has been 100% reliable also. One point that I think is important is warranty and Customer Service, I don't think Ruger specifies warranty but I believe its lifetime and their CS is one of the best, Beretta has a 2 year warranty not sure how good there CS is, I never used them. I don't know much about SCCY except what I read in reviews and on forums, that is, that the newer second gen gun is much better than the first series , they have a lifetime warranty and the gun being so light has pretty stiff recoil. I don't know if I would trust the SCCY, with so many other guns available that I think are made better and don't cost much more money why gamble. I love my LC9 and as nice as the Nano was I do not miss the gun. Hope this helps.

I love my LC9. The more I shoot it, the better I get with it. The reason this is a worthwhile carry is that it shoots anything. Any 9mm ammo you put in this gun, it will shoot reliably every single time. Ball, +P, HP, whatever, the gun just runs with it. And it's so light and easy to conceal you'll hardly know you are carrying it.

The only trouble you'll have with the LC9 is removing the mag disconnect safety. It's not an easy job. But after you do that, the trigger is MUCH better and the gun will fire no matter what.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I've owned both a SCCY CPX-2 and an LC9.

LC9- super flat profile thanks to the single stack magazine, polymer lower, loooooooooooong trigger pull (I have large hands and long fingers so it sucked for me). the butt just barely had enough room for my pinkie finger even with the finger extension on the mag. I hated the DAO and the fact that when the slide locks back you have to actually pull it back to relaese the spring loaded slide lock instead of just disengaging the lock. And on another note, the takedown is a pain and you need a tool to get the recoil guide rod to go back into place. Without it the spring just bends and it just sucks lol.

SCCY- has a little more heft to it but not really a lesser weapon. Same design with a polymer lower and SS slide. I personally put 120 rounds through it in about an hour and not a single failure of any sort. I liked the fact that the magazines were 10 rds but the spring in them buggers are tough!!!! A speed loader is highly recommended and leave those mags loaded to soften up those springs. Again I personally found issue with the length of the butt, this time my pinkie barely even on the grip. When firing this caused the edge of the grip to dig right into the bottom of my palm so I was a little put off by it. The lifetime warranty that guarantees the weapon no matter how many owners it goes through so I don't really see a problem with that!!!

I sold both for the same reason, I can't stand the stupid recoil on these compacts. I'll stick to my full size P226 lol
    Philly Boy likes this.

I have both the LC9 and Nano and consider them both outstanding pocket pistols. I carry either in pocket or IWB (IWB usually with N81 Tactical tuckable). With pocket carry I also use a pocket holster.

I find the Nano easier to shoot with less practice than the LC9 and has stock sights a little easier for me to see, while the LC9 is slightly easier to conceal. The LC9 feels a little better in my hand.

I trust either one and would be hard pressed to decide which one to keep if I had to give up one of them. I think the difference in trigger pull would be the deciding factor for many.

I never used a SCCY myself, but my son in law had one and did't like much and went with an LCP for his carry. I'm not sure of the specifics of his dissatisfaction with the SCCY.

We like the LC9's we have some may wish to change the hammer and bar to the Galloway it shortens the pull resets sooner and drops about a 1.5 pound off the pull.
    That is more a personal thing.

I do like the idea of the 10+1 round capacity of the SCCY.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_mp40c View Post
    I do like the idea of the 10+1 round capacity of the SCCY.
    I couldn't say bad thing about my SCCY CPX-2 without lying. I'm a little thrown off by the recoil comments.. a few members of my family who can't handle much recoil at all (arthritis, etc.) love shooting it - if not just because of the low felt recoil.

Mines been trouble free and I actually feel like I paid less than what it's worth. IMO, it doesn't have that "cheap feel" to it that the price tag might suggest. Soon as my favorite LGS gets a new batch in, I'll be picking up another one.

Edit: "I liked the fact that the magazines were 10 rds but the spring in them buggers are tough!!!"

This is true as well.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I have the Nano now and rented a LC9. I prefer the Nano because the trigger felt more solid to me over the LC9. I just didn't the LC9's trigger. The LC9 is lighter than the Nano. For me, the Nano is a better gun for my needs, but the LC9 is a definite runner up. You should rent them and try them out for yourself.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Have owned both but I would go with the LC 9.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I purchased an LC9 in April for summer carry. It took a few rounds to get use to the long trigger pull. It is very accurate and conceals very well. I use a Remora 4A. No regrets.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I have only the Nano, haven't owned either of the other guns you mention. BUT I love, LOVE my Nano. I mean, really love it. The trigger feels good to me, I'm accurate with it, and it's easy to conceal and carry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links