Refinishing LCP

This is a discussion on Refinishing LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am about to send off my LCP and possibly PF9 to get refinished in cerakote. I am debating what color to get. Could you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Refinishing LCP

Refinishing LCP

I am about to send off my LCP and possibly PF9 to get refinished in cerakote. I am debating what color to get. Could you folks post a few pics of your LCP's and PF9's so I can see what looks best for my refinishing job? Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Ttt

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorhead View Post
    Ttt
    ???
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

I've seen that in other forums. No idea. Maybe it's something like "subscribed" or "in before the lock".
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    ???
    To the top! I want to see cerakoted LCP's too so I gave the thread a bump.

Distinguished Member
    I do not understand why people do things like this to inexpensive guns. I would have used the extra money to get a better gun in the first place. I have had blued guns for more years than many of you are alive and never had any issues with rust. Just run a silicon or oil rag over them every so often and you are good to go. My one cerakote Sig I used to own had the cerakote chip off in a small spot and showed scratches more than any other gun. The rail where I had my light was all marked up. I did not think much of cerakote and would never pay to have it put on an entry level gun.
    Kennydale, StormRhydr and Smarshe like this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Ruger hasn't exactly built a reputation for stellar finish. The finish on my black WC GP100 is turning out to be rather laim. I had my LCR refinished on one of it's return trips because it turned from black to funky brown. My LCP is mottled on the left side of the slide.

The WC has turned out to be a really fun paper pounder, though. What a beast!
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    I do not understand why people do things like this to inexpensive guns. I would have used the extra money to get a better gun in the first place. I have had blued guns for more years than many of you are alive and never had any issues with rust. Just run a silicon or oil rag over them every so often and you are good to go. My one cerakote Sig I used to own had the cerakote chip off in a small spot and showed scratches more than any other gun. The rail where I had my light was all marked up. I did not think much of cerakote and would never pay to have it put on an entry level gun.
    I believe if the finish is worn off on any gun that it is wise to protect it from the elements. Bluing offers some protection because it is basically rusted already. If bare steel is showing, itll wind up rusting unless you massage oil on it everyday.

To each their own, I guess. I'm going to get my LCP customized with a fresh coat of Cerakote

A little honest wear on a LCP slide would not bother me much.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    A little honest wear on a LCP slide would not bother me much.
    I'm all about a gun looking gun!

My one cerakote Sig I used to own had the cerakote chip off in a small spot and showed scratches more than any other gun. The rail where I had my light was all marked up. I did not think much of cerakote and would never pay to have it put on an entry level gun.
    - That doesn't sound like the Cerakote was applied correctly. I had the barrel of my Browning Maxus coated with Cerakote after the standard blue finish started showing surface rust after a season of waterfowl hunting. Two years later and it still looks new, despite rough handling in the field, forest, sea shore, etc.

Here's a website with a lot of different Cerakote color applications.
    http://www.4bushweaponsrefinishingsy...-Gallery-.html
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

To each their own, sir. I love my "entry level" gun!
    Smarshe likes this.

WMD Guns: Gun Coating and Firearm Coating

send it to these guys and get the Nickel Boron finish on the slide. Stuff is very durable.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

You're kind of coming across as rude. First off, I've never heard Ruger be referred to as entry level before. And how do u think that makes the OP feel?

OP = I dont know a single thing about cerakote, but I love my LCP! It's a great gun. Sorry we aren't all rich like captain mustache up there.
    mgillitzer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thechriskarel View Post
    You're kind of coming across as rude ... OP = I dont know a single thing about cerakote, but I love my LCP! It's a great gun. Sorry we aren't all rich like captain mustache up there.
    Does this strike you as ironic? Was that little comment necessary in a response talking about rudeness? Think about it ....
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links