First post and about a glock (kinda long)

This is a discussion on First post and about a glock (kinda long) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes i will be replacing the trigger spring when i get one but once shouldn't hurt nothing....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First post and about a glock (kinda long)

Yes i will be replacing the trigger spring when i get one but once shouldn't hurt nothing.

2. Remove Ads

Good gun ,good concept,good longest lasting design for the long haul,9mm works,ww whitebox hp is a good ammo so is Rem HP 100 rd. bulk pack. Holster must cover trigger and be firm on top so it stays open when gun is out. I like the Don Hume he doubles this area to make it stiff and stay open. THe Glock trigger works much the same as any Double-action wheelgun . They are = in saftey. Think of the the Glock system as a Glock DA wheelgun like aSW wheelgun. And use it the same way. Don,t pull the trigger till you want to shoot. IT has worked for over 100years and the Glock is no different. Its all between our ears. This we must use. And if we can,t use this then we must leave firearms alone!

Quote Originally Posted by mastinson View Post
    As for the G19 I may still pick one up someday but right now I have 13 handguns and new ruger SP101 on order that the wife is getting me for Christmas so I will wait and see if glock decides to go with a manual saftey option.
    Then you will be waiting for a very long time. Glocks were designed to not have or need an external safety and, while I don't actually know him, I seriously doubt that Gaston will ever make one for production that has one.

Gunshop says within the next year it will be an option, also he is a glock armorer .

[QUOTE=mastinson;237979]
    Do you feel comfortable with glock not having a safety other than the built in ones?

No long reply...short and sweet. Mine is a Glock 19 and yes I feel very comfortable with the built in safetys. Always carry with 'one in the chamber'
    The Second Amendment ...The Original Homeland Security..NRA ...
    "to make money is great ...to make friends is greater ...to make both is the greatest" ...Rege Cordic
    "the first task of doing good is to avoid doing bad"...The Bancroft Strategy

[

whw
    Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    Then you will be waiting for a very long time. Glocks were designed to not have or need an external safety and, while I don't actually know him, I seriously doubt that Gaston will ever make one for production that has one.
    If Glock has plans to bid on any future US Armed Forces contracts, he better get the external safety design team working.

whw
    [QUOTE=keystone state;240065]
    Do you feel comfortable with glock not having a safety other than the built in ones?

No long reply...short and sweet. Mine is a Glock 19 and yes I feel very comfortable with the built in safetys. Always carry with 'one in the chamber'

No, I don't.

whw
    Quote Originally Posted by fowler View Post
    Good gun ,good concept,good longest lasting design for the long haul,9mm works,ww whitebox hp is a good ammo so is Rem HP 100 rd. bulk pack. Holster must cover trigger and be firm on top so it stays open when gun is out. I like the Don Hume he doubles this area to make it stiff and stay open. THe Glock trigger works much the same as any Double-action wheelgun . They are = in saftey. Think of the the Glock system as a Glock DA wheelgun like aSW wheelgun. And use it the same way. Don,t pull the trigger till you want to shoot. IT has worked for over 100years and the Glock is no different. Its all between our ears. This we must use. And if we can,t use this then we must leave firearms alone!

Sorry to disagree, but the Glock and revolver designs are quite different and do not have any similarities when it comes to function.

As for the "between your ears" theory. The Glock safety design is installed as a backup system to the brain. The real question is, "Would an external safety, much like the one used in the 1911, make the Glock a safer weapon to use?" I think it would.

Any time a safety can help minimize, or eliminate, the inevitable mistakes made by well meaning, intelligent gun users--- well isn't that a good thing?

whw

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    from Central Florida!

Short and sweet...

I carry either my Kimber Ultra CDP II...or my Glock-36...I like them both...

Safety = Finger...That's the bottom line!

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    "Safety = Finger...That's the bottom line!," that says it all!!!!
    The Second Amendment ...The Original Homeland Security..NRA ...
    "to make money is great ...to make friends is greater ...to make both is the greatest" ...Rege Cordic
    "the first task of doing good is to avoid doing bad"...The Bancroft Strategy

[

Quote Originally Posted by whw View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but the Glock and revolver designs are quite different and do not have any similarities when it comes to function.

As for the "between your ears" theory. The Glock safety design is installed as a backup system to the brain. The real question is, "Would an external safety, much like the one used in the 1911, make the Glock a safer weapon to use?" I think it would.

Any time a safety can help minimize, or eliminate, the inevitable mistakes *(emphasis mine)* made by well meaning, intelligent gun users--- well isn't that a good thing?

whw
    please help me understand how you think an ND is an "inevitable mistake".

to answer the OP ... i carry with one in the chamber with ZERO qualms. if i want it to go bang, i put my finger on the trigger; conversely, if i don't want it to go bang, i keep my finger off the trigger. seems "safe" to me

Trigger pull weight is not the only reason some folks prefer a NY1 spring. It is also more durable than the stock coil spring. It can also make the trigger reset more pronounced and easier to feel.

Not really worried about the rounds it will hold up because I will be lucky to put 500 a year through it, but the polymer in general. Lets just say it sit in a gunsafe or a BOB for 30 years do you think the polymer would break down any or become brittle?
    Also is it safe to wipe the polymer down with CLP if it wiped down often with it?

Not really worried about the rounds it will hold up because I will be lucky to put 500 a year through it, but the polymer in general. Lets just say it sit in a gunsafe or a BOB for 30 years do you think the polymer would break down any or become brittle?
    No, and I'm sure there are stories of OLD Glocks that are in perfectly good shape.

Also is it safe to wipe the polymer down with CLP if it wiped down often with it?
    I would avoid using products containing acetone. There may be others as well, but that's just one off the top of my head. Just make sure your products of choice state that they are OK to use on plastics.

There is nothing wrong with Glocks. I prefer no external safeties. In a life or death situation you will only have a few seconds to decide whether or not to pull the trigger. You will be nervous and the adrenalin will be flowing. You decide to pull the trigger. Nothing happens. Why? Because you have forgotten to remove the "Trigger Safety". The BG has a Glock. Are you ready to meet your maker?
    GeorgiaCarry.Org Member
    NRA Member

though I usually carry my j frame mostly. .

What kind of safety does your j frame have?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links