First post and about a glock (kinda long) - Page 3

First post and about a glock (kinda long)

This is a discussion on First post and about a glock (kinda long) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the NY1 trigger on my 23 (because it was that way when I bought it). It works fine, haven't had any issues with ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VIP Member
    I have the NY1 trigger on my 23 (because it was that way when I bought it). It works fine, haven't had any issues with it at all.

I don't understand why you would think it is any more dangerous to carry a Glock than it is the J-frame you carry now. Despite what some people will say, it isn't really any harder to move the trigger to the rear on a Smith than it is a Glock. I just did a test with my j-frame and my 22 (which has the Glock factory trigger) and couldn't tell much of a difference when I put a pencil in the trigger guard and pushed it into a holster. If you move with the typical force you would use to reholster, you will make either gun fire. So, be safe and it isn't an issue. Be stupid and your J frame will shoot you just as easily.

I have owned several different weapons, and now I carry only Glock. I still pull out a J frame and a K frame for range uses from time to time, and trust them both totally. But if my life is on the line, I don't trust anything like I do a Glock.

(Confessions of a former H&K gun snob)
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Do you feel comfortable with glock not having a safety other than the built in ones?

Why don't people ever ask this question about revolvers?

Will the polymer frame last through my lifetime?

I have a first generation Glock 17 that I carried from June 1992 untill last month, it has over 7000 rounds through it and aside from a little fading around the end of the barrel looks like it just came out of the box.

What are your thoughts on the NY1 trigger (8Lbs) and the NY2 trigger (12lbs)?

I don't believe in altering a carry weapon. Put night sights on it and leave it alone.

Do you feel comfortable with 9mm stopping power compaired to 40S&W? (just curious don't want a froum war on whats better )

two words...shot placement.

What keeps the pins from backing out in a polymer frame and has anyone ever had that problem?

Nope never had a single problem of any type with my glock. It has fired every round I've ever put in it and has never had a malfunction due to mechanics.

I use winchester white box JHP personal protection in all my guns for carry, does the g19 like this round and how do you like it?

The G17 did. I carry a G30 now and a previously carried a G17 Both guns take everything you put in them with no problems.

A lot of people have problems accepting the Glocks untill they actually get down in the dirt with them. I was a die hard beretta fan untill my brother-in-law let me use his Glock one day. Now I'm a glock fanatic.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links