Was shooting today and realized....

This is a discussion on Was shooting today and realized.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had some friends over today to shoot at timmy farm and it was a good day. I shot my G17 and CW9. I also ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Was shooting today and realized....

VIP Member

Was shooting today and realized....

I had some friends over today to shoot at timmy farm and it was a good day.

I shot my G17 and CW9. I also shot a Super Red Hawk in .44, a SR9c, a Sig P250 (9mm), a G30, a M&P Pro 9mm (factory cut for a red dot) and a few others.

Do you know what I learned?

There is still nothing better than a Gen 3 Glock. Some of the others were nice and to be sure the M&P wasn't half bad.....But MAN do Glocks rock. Others may disagree but I'm so happy with my Glocks that I just don't want to buy like I used too. Other pistols just don't call my name like they did in the old days.

I'm not a "fan boy" per say and I respect others who shoot quality pistols by another manufacturer....but for me, Gaston really did achieve perfection. There was a time when I said I'd never own a Glock. Having eaten my words I now say I may never buy anything else.

A few other notes:

1) I sure wish Glock would make a single stack 9mm. The CW9 is very nice but I prefer the Glock style trigger.

2) The M&P Pro was cut, drilled and tapped for the addition of a red dot. It has a filler block screwed on so it doesn't look goofy without the dot. It also came from the factory with higher sights made to co-witness through the red dot. All it needs is to unscrew 2 screws and screw on the dot sight. It shows how innovative S&W has become. I have a Burris fastfire II in my basement collecting dust and my buddy and I are going to install it and give it a test drive. Stay tuned....
    joker1, Badey, blitzburgh and 4 others like this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

2. Remove Ads

Next time shoot some good guns and you will see the difference. :)
    bugboy, wdbailey, dV8r and 4 others like this.
    The Old Gunhand - gun news all in one place.

Somehow I ended up with only Sigs, HKs and S&W J-frames.

VIP Member
    After you learn how much you love the red dot you're going to be in a pickle. You'll love the S&W due to the dot and will be torn about the love of the Glock. My advice is to get the Glock slide milled or pick up a pre-milled slide and let the red dot love show on the Glock.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    Next time shoot some good guns and you will see the difference. :)
    What would you suggest kind Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    After you learn how much you love the red dot you're going to be in a pickle. You'll love the S&W due to the dot and will be torn about the love of the Glock. My advice is to get the Glock slide milled or pick up a pre-milled slide and let the red dot love show on the Glock.

Well, I gotta spend money on something. If I'm not buying new guns I guess I'll just have to buy new slides.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Sounds like a good day!
    atctimmy and blitzburgh like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Good times! Interesting point on s&w. Glocks are no doubt fine weapons, and have led the pack in striker-fired polymer-frame guns for decades - but they're going to have to inject some innovation pretty soon here. S&W, Ruger, and Springfield have upped the game a lot recently.
    atctimmy and blitzburgh like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

What would you suggest kind Sir?
    HiPoints I hear they are built like bricks
    atctimmy, WHEC724 and DetChris like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    That is a great day! Love those days when my brothers and/or friends go shooting and I get to fire 6-10 different firearms that are not mine. Such a great time...glad you had a blast!
    blitzburgh likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Glocks are fine firearms. I just dont shoot them as well as other platforms. I know the sw40ve is a knock off but its a different feeling different grip angle knock off. I like Glocks fine. And I can shoot one well enough to defend myself with it. I just cant shoot them as well as other pistols.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

GLOCK ON timmay!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I also said I would never own a Glock, never wanted to like 'em. But its just hard not to like a pistol that has such an easy take down doesn't jam & holds a lot of ammo.
    atctimmy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Sounds like fun. I'm hoping to hit the range this weekend

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Went out of my way to get a Gen 3 instead of a Gen 4 when I bought one earlier this year. Haven't looked back since. Happy shooting.
    atctimmy likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Nothing wrong with a Gen 3. I used to have one in G22 flavor.

For full sized fun, I'm more of a CZ guy however.

VIP Member
    I can relate to this 100%. Over the last few months I've bought a handful of new/new-to-me pistols and they've been getting my love, affection and attention. Yesterday, I put them aside and brought out my Glock 31 and 32 and it was like falling in love all over again.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links