Who carries a Glock 32?

This is a discussion on Who carries a Glock 32? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not really much of a Glock fan but I do have an admiration for the Glock 19/23/32 models. To me they're the perfect size ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who carries a Glock 32?

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar

Who carries a Glock 32?

I'm not really much of a Glock fan but I do have an admiration for the Glock 19/23/32 models. To me they're the perfect size for the kind of gun they are; small enough to carry but large enough to shoot well. They're really small full sized guns that retain most of the capabilities of the true full size gun. I'm assuming the 32 is the same basic size as the 19/23, is that correct? I'm a fan of the .357 Sig round and this seems like a good combo. Anyone here own one? If so, do you CCW it?
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm in love with my G32 (don't tell my better half..) and carry it most of the time. Out of all my Glocks, I shoot it and the G31 the best.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    I don't know why the .357 Sig round hasn't caught on in a bigger way. I guess there are lots of good rounds out there but the .357 Sig fills an interesting niche. There are enough agencies using it that it's probably not in danger of going away but it deserves greater popularity than it enjoys.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    This is pretty much the only forum I don't get bashed for using/preferring the .357SIG round. I personally don't see it going anywhere and IMO, it seems to be catching on more and more.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

G32 and G33 ODG have become my daily carry Glocks. I practice with my G19, but carry the .357SIG for the added power over the 9mm. Same guns, recoil differential is not enough to worry about. I shoot the G33 a little better than the G32, which is the same as my G19 and G26.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    This is pretty much the only forum I don't get bashed for using/preferring the .357SIG round. I personally don't see it going anywhere and IMO, it seems to be catching on more and more.
    you get bashed for carrying the .357SIG? Apparently those on your other forums have no concept of the ballistics of the .357SIG. All the guys that carry .40SW say the .40 is just as good, so why bother. Guess they've never shot bowling pins at 100 yards with their .40. I have with my G31....easily.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I use Glocks web site to amuse myself. I'll get into a discussion with folks about guns and turn the discussion into the variety available, then show them Glocks site. I go to about 4 or 5 different models, and use the 360 degree rotation feature to show them all these 'different' guns .... which on that feature all look exactly the same.

I know, I'm a little bit of a smart-alek some times.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I have a Glock 32
    I like the technical feeding advantage of a .335 bullet going into a 40 chamber.
    If a 9mm +P is good, then a 357 Sig is a little better in terms of power / KE.
    I have carried my 32.
    At the present time my 23 is getting carried, because of my inclination toward diameter over KE given same capacity.

Some people post about how the 357 Sig is more snappy than a 40, but that just isn't so out of equivalent pistols.
    They are confusing blast with recoil, 357 Sig has plenty of blast.

The PF calculation can be used to provide a numerical comparison of recoil.
    Glock 19: Winchester Ranger T 124 gr. +P @ 1,212 fps / 405# KE / PF 150
    Glock 32: Winchester Ranger T 125 gr. @ 1340 fps / 499# KE / PF 168
    Glock 23: Winchester 180 JHP @ 977 fps / 382# KE / PF 176

Numbers are an objective way to compare recoil, but not the same as actual shooting, so...

Here is a "test" I did to check my (getting subjective now) 1st – 2nd shot follow up time.
    I want both the first and 2nd shot to hit a 6’’ circle. I put several 6’’ circles on a larger target at 7 yards.

I shot 4 pairs (8 shots) then checked to see if any shots missed the circle, after covering any misses I repeated with 4 additional pairs. In order to obtain what I considered to be a fair representation of performance, I eliminated the greatest (slowest) time from each of the four pairs; if a shot missed then I also eliminated the quickest time. The result was at least 4 pairs that remained (for each pistol) and they got averaged.

Results:
    Glock 19 using Federal 124 gr. HST +P: average .26 sec with 13/16 hits.
    Glock 32 using Winchester Ranger T 125: average .26 sec with 13/16 hits.
    Glock 23 using Remington Golden Saber 165: average .27 sec with 13/16 hits.
    Little to no actual difference here ^

Objective calculation and subjective data agree on recoil between these three pistols.
    The 357 Sig has a little more recoil than a 9mm +P but not as much as a 40.
    In before any post to the contrary.

Whether I'm making the best choice by carrying the 23 and it's slightly larger bullet instead of the 32 and its greater KE
    Phaedrus likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

I do, love mine.

I have a Gen 4 32. It is a honey. The 357 SIG isn't nearly as bad as folks say. Yeah, it is snappier than a 9, but I prefer it to a 40. I also have an M&P in 357 SIG. It's a fine shooter as well. The cartridge is accurate, very much so. I find it easier to control than a 40. Ammo is expensive and can be a bit of a pain to find. Nobody questions the performance of it. The ammo cost and availability are the only downsides.

I can't give you a rock solid reason for getting one, but I cannot think of a reason for not getting one. It's accurate, powerful, and in a G31 or 32, it's really all a guy could ask for in a handgun. 13+1 rounds in a G32 really ought to see you through. I surely like mine.
    zonker1986 likes this.

I am in the process of procuring a G32 barrel for my G23. I want to experience this .357 Sig round first hand. And for bullet, I am going to find some Underwood 125gr stuff. They chronograph out of a G32 at 1511fps avg over 5 shots! That is a LOT better than a 9mm +p load and is a Gold Dot bullet. YES PLEASE!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

HUGE .357 Sig fan here. IMHO, it's "the compromise" of performance, capacity & grip size that the .40 S&W was designed to address. Yet I have never heard so much as a mumbling rumor of discontent about the .357 Sig regarding ANY of those three criteria. When you combine that type of caliber respectability with the anvil-tough, now-legendary reputation of a GLOCK handgun? Let's be serious. What's not to like?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I love my gen 3 glock 32 carry it most of the time im not at work it is super accurate and pretty powerful there are police reports of an officer shooting through a car door into a perps leg and it breaking the femur pretty impressive. I picked up a lone wolf .40 for it because of ammo availability so I can train with my carry pistol. 20130326_221220.jpg

i was a very early fan of the CONCEPT of the .357SIG, and in 1994-5, i bought an early Sig P-229 in that caliber. it's still my favorite carry gun 18 years later. thousands of rounds fired, and ZERO malfunctions of any kind! my second P-229 hasn't been as trouble-free.

i once owned two 32's in Gen 2, of which i was told only about 1000 were made. i kept them as potential collector's guns - unfired in their boxes. had to sell them when money got tight.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I have a Glock 32
    I like the technical feeding advantage of a .335 bullet going into a 40 chamber.

i suspect you just mis-typed, but it's a .355 bullet.
    CDW4ME likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links