New 1911

New 1911

This is a discussion on New 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Celebrated independence day by going to the range and shooting my new Regent R350CR. Very nice entry level 1911 for just over 500 bucks. This ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By bmcgilvray
  • 2 Post By Old_Dog
  • 2 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: New 1911

New 1911

Celebrated independence day by going to the range and shooting my new Regent R350CR. Very nice entry level 1911 for just over 500 bucks. This is my first hand gun, and the first 45 I have ever shot. Everything Ive read said that a 45 is smoother than a .40 cal, and from my experience that is correct. The .40 cal guns I have shot rattled my bones. They are just much more snappy than my 45. The only negatives that I read about the Umarex Regent was that the magazine is kind of cheep and occaisionally failed to load ( not real sure of all the terminology yet ) but they may have fixed that problem because i had 0 issues. They said that the cure was to use Wilson Magazines so I wasnt too worried. The R350CR is a commander size gun, built in Turkey, and as I said I am quite happy with the quality. It Came stock with skeletonized trigger and hammer, plus Hogue grips, and a lifetime warrenty from the distributor. I know some of the purests will tell you that Colt and Kimber and others are the way to go, but if you are on a budget give it a look. Jim

Congratulations on the selection of a great handgun design!

I don't know much about that brand other than what I've read. Please continue to report in on your experiences and observations.

We love photos!
    Aceoky likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member
    You learned what a lot of experienced shooters already know. This is why the .45 acp is still so popular.
    USM1976 and Aceoky like this.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

I am not saying you are a liar, but until we see pictures we do not believe you!!!

Great platform choice. IMO I have no qualms with "entry level" style guns to determine if one wants to delve further.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Welcome, and where are the pictures, lets see this thing. If it goes bang everytime you pull the trigger and you can hit what your aiming at than good for you. Keep us in informed on how it does.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Pics!!!

Your 1911 is imported by Umarex USA, and the Manufacturer is TISAS out of Turkey.

T?SA? - TRABZON GUN INDUSTRY CORP.

TISAS 1911's are sold on Buds Gun Shop and have the highest rating of any of the budget 1911's. Bottom line is you got a good one. I've been eyeing the R350CR as its a dead ringer for my Springfield Armory Lightweight Champion Operator...(Pic below)..for about half the cost.

See it this gun looks familiar to you...........

deadguy and bigpapa like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Congrats and welcome to the Fraternity of the " Enlightened".

I wouldn't worry about mags. They are readily replaced with quality ones, and are generally the weak link in all 1911's.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Wilson mags are definitely the way to go. CMC mags aren't bad either. A step up from factory mags, but if you've got the coin, go with Wilson.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Congratulations from someone who is "unenlightened" but certainly not lost.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    Congrats on the 1911. They are definitely a sweet gun to shoot. I run Chip McCormick Power Mags in both of my 1911's with no issues.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

here you go I think this will work. Jim

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    yes sir. Wilson mags work great.. worth the extra bucks.

VIP Member
    Nice looking guns and I only hear good things about them. I wouldn't mind having a compact sized 1911. If one ever shows up in my LGS in may just have to follow me home.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    nice
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Sponsored Links