Stippling Polymer Guns.....do you do it?

This is a discussion on Stippling Polymer Guns.....do you do it? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious who here thinks stippling is a worthy upgrade for Glocks, M&P's and so forth? Reason I ask is that I stippled my M&P's ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Stippling Polymer Guns.....do you do it?

Just curious who here thinks stippling is a worthy upgrade for Glocks, M&P's and so forth?

Reason I ask is that I stippled my M&P's (Shield, 45 and 45c) and love them. However, I bought a Gen 4 Glock and even though I liked the upgraded grip texture on the Gen 4's, I know that the .40 is a snappy mother. So I went ahead and stippled the Glock. But the Glock polymer isn't like the M&P polymer and the grip texture was hard to do because the little squares are raised. I kinda feel like I jacked up a perfectly good gun. It feels great, and will help control it no doubt, but I like my guns to look good too.

Thoughts?
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Nope, it feels funny to me and I think it makes a gun look ugly,.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I agree. I do not generally like stippling. There are only a few jobs I've ever though made sense without the user justifying it.

No. Oddly enough, Im pretty sure that gun makers are more skilled at gun making & finish, than I.
    atctimmy and johnbergsing like this.

VIP Member
    I don't care for stippling, either, but I did have a grip texturing done on the M&P shown in my avatar, and I like it very much. I also had that beavertail removed, which was a huge improvement.

M&P Texturing 002.JPGM&P Texturing 008.JPG
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I havent stippled a frame as of yet.... But I have stippled the mag extenders on all of my guns and for several of my friends as well. It makes a marked improvement on control and feel IMO.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Polymer frames flex in recoil. Makers take that into account when they design the guns. Removing material, heating it, etc makes the frame different than it was designed. It likely does nothing to improve reliability, and may impair it in the short or long term. Not a risk I am willing to take in a defensive gun. Adapt to the gun as it is.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

4sg3.JPG4sg4.JPG

I like to stipple a very dense, light pattern with a fairly fine tip on the soldering iron. when finished I lightly sand just to break any sharp edges...

Smolck Im curious as to what yours looks like, would you mind posting a picture or no ?

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I actually prefer non-gen 4 Glocks with a rubber Hogue Handle or even a bicycle innertube on the grip which can be easily removed easily. The gen 4 Glocks have not grown on me...yet.
    GhostMaker likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

The only thing I like less than plastic guns is plastic guns that have been monkeyed with.

But, carry on. Different strokes and all that. Some stippling is bound to make for a grip more sure and certain, no matter how it appears.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I dont care for a stippled grip. I like mine the way they came out of the factory.

I think it just uglies up a gun and is unnecessary. Talon grips work well if you need something like that without doing a butcher job on your Glock.
    Philly Boy and Warmon like this.

No!! I am too scared of ruining my gun. Also, I like the way it feels in my hand, so why mess with a good thing?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    4sg3.JPG4sg4.JPG

I like to stipple a very dense, light pattern with a fairly fine tip on the soldering iron. when finished I lightly sand just to brake any sharp edges...

Smolck Im curious as to what yours looks like, would you mind posting a picture or no ?
    Sure. And my M&P's too for comparison.....
    Attached Images
    Sap03 and Maynard like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Not for me. My gun gets beat up enough carrying it every day. No need to accelerate the process.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links