A new gun in the house

This is a discussion on A new gun in the house within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a Glock M23 years ago and sold it as it tended to induce a lot of flinch after only a few mags shot. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new gun in the house

I had a Glock M23 years ago and sold it as it tended to induce a lot of flinch after only a few mags shot. There seemed to be a lot of barrel "whip" so I sold it. I picked up a Glock M27 .40 and it has been one of my primary carry AND competition guns ever since. The M27 also accepts both the M22 and M23 mags and I have several of each of these hi-caps. You can even get a "spacer" for the M23 mag so it fits the M27 seamlessly. I have not had any "whip" with the M27.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mtrapper
    Yes, it\'s finally here. I am the proud owner of a Glock 23.:rock: Now if the weather will cooperate I will take this bad boy to the range.
    Heh. I picked up another Kimber Series I yesterday (a classic stainless - for $550 OTD :rock: ), and havent got to shoot it yet, one reason being the weather today. The roads are bad, and my Caprice sucks in the snow (of course, new tires out back may help). Yesturday I meant to wake up about 18:00, but slept untill 20:00 (I work graveyard shift), the range closes at 21:00... So I woke up just in time to brush my hair and teeth, get dressed, go to the ATM, then to the range, pay the man, and talk for a few minutes before lock-up.

Man, this is as bad as putting a new engine in the hot rod, and not being able to find my keys.
    Last edited by Zach S; January 29th, 2005 at 03:03 PM.

I never even held one in my hand and I have no desire to. There was a good chance I could have gotten a Glock for free back in 1990 but I didnít even try. My department allows us to keep the weapons we are issued when we retire. Just before I retired in 1990 my department was switching to Glocks. Maybe if I tried I could have gotten one issued to me, but that probably would have meant I would have had to turn the S&W .38 special revolver I carried with me for 20 years. I never bothered to even look into it. Looking back at my decision now I am surer than ever that I made the right choice.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZG23
    And the XD hasnt proven itself \"as\" reliable as the Glock just yet...
    What do you mean by as reliable, Because it doesn't have as many Kabooms or not as many PD's have sent them back due to malfunctions, it is a newer gun so obviously there aren't as many, but " In my opinion" the only area where Glock is better is the finish, and the XD has, the extra saftey the supported chamber and normal sights not to mention its grip was made for a human hand. Sorry to hijack the thread but come on, congratulate the guy on his purchase and leave the BS in the barn.
    Last edited by Super Trucker; January 29th, 2005 at 10:16 PM.

Xd's are great i just love how some of the glocker have such a hate for um .. I have both both have there good points and bad points

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links