CZ 75 D - Thoughts?

This is a discussion on CZ 75 D - Thoughts? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to check out what the shop had for CZs today and played with a 75 D. I loved it. Felt better I thought than ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clarkston_cz

Thread: CZ 75 D - Thoughts?

CZ 75 D - Thoughts?

Went to check out what the shop had for CZs today and played with a 75 D. I loved it. Felt better I thought than even the P01. Does anyone here have any experience with the 75 D? I was originally thinking about the P06, but I have decided to add 9mm to the collection.

What do you think? Is the 75 D better in any way than the P01?
    Sig Sauer P226 .40 - HD
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 - EDC

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith6470 View Post
    Went to check out what the shop had for CZs today and played with a 75 D. I loved it. Felt better I thought than even the P01. Does anyone here have any experience with the 75 D? I was originally thinking about the P06, but I have decided to add 9mm to the collection.

What do you think? Is the 75 D better in any way than the P01?
    I don't think it's better or worse, just different. I love all of CZ's guns, but my favorite is the good old 75B, but if you want to carry it in double action mode than the D is a good fit. I was at a gun show last weekend and got to play with a PO9 duty for the first time. I never really cared for the PO7 that much because it is too small for my hands, but not really a small gun. Let me tell you the PO9 felt great in my hand.

I also love the feel of the D. I got one about two years ago and loved the feel, look, and how accurate it was. The only issue I had was it was not reliable. Now, I know many people love this gun and so do I, but I must have got a lemon. I sent back to CZ to have it worked on. Never was reliable. Would hiccup quite a bit. Since my Xds never do this, I lost faith and sold it.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    75D is just the non railed version of the P01 gun,should be pretty much the same
    I own the PCR which is the Alum framed version of the 75D,cant go wrong with any
    of them IMO.....Mine;s a tack driver like all CZs

VIP Member
    Very little difference between the 75D PCR and the P-01. The PCR was standard issue for the Czech police prior to the development of the P-01. Main differences between the 2 guns are extended frame on the P-01 to accommodate the rail, the rail itself and the rear sights. The 75D is based on the tried and true CZ75 platform which has been around for almost 40 years now. Either gun will serve you well. I have the P-01 and love it (of course I love anything with the CZ name). My wife had a hard time deciding between the 75D and the 75 Compact. She was swayed to the Compact by the Satin Nickel finish.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Most guys truly love their PCRs.

I've had both (named the P-01 for CZ) and you can really tell the difference at the end of the day with the
    lighter PCR.

Some people don't need nor would never use the light.laser rail and the PCR makes for a better carry gun.

A P-01 handles recoil better but we are really only talking 9mm recoil out of both guns.

You will be very happy with the PCR.

Add some nites and a good holster and you will be set!

PS: If you want to know about the P-06, I will discuss that one as well.

Christopher67 likes this.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

I'm not a big fan of CZ double action/single action triggers..... I owned a P01 which I have since sold. The pistol had great ergonomics and fit my hand well, but to be blunt......the trigger really sucked! I also own da/sa Sigs and my Sig triggers were 100% better than the CZ.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    A CZ75SA might be to your liking then, or a CZ COMPACT L Black Manual Safety 9mm from CZ Custom.
    CZ Compact L P01 with Manual Safety
    Or really any gun worked over by CZ-USA or them.

Most SIG guys are just SIG guys though. No harm in that:)
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Links