Kimber Ultra Carry II 3 month range report

This is a discussion on Kimber Ultra Carry II 3 month range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took the Kimber back to the range today and decided to report to you all about it is doing. Ran 100 rounds through it today ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bsmith6470
  • 1 Post By revldm

Thread: Kimber Ultra Carry II 3 month range report

Took the Kimber back to the range today and decided to report to you all about it is doing. Ran 100 rounds through it today and it performed flawlessly. It now has 500 rounds through and eats whatever I feed it, ball or hollow point. The Kimbers do get a bad rap and was leery of that, but I must say, not one hiccup since taking it out of the box. I still want to try the 230gr. HST in it, but I have no doubt that will not be an issue. I am carrying the Speer Gold Dot 200gr. +p. They kick pretty hard with this Ultra frame and will switch to a standard load when I can find them.

The trigger is great and is accurate as hell. Did mostly double tap exercises today and was very impressed at the performance.

Anyway, it runs great and hope some can find this info useful. I do hope the online opinion of the 3" Kimbers change for the better. They don't deserve it.
    Smarshe likes this.
    Sig Sauer P226 .40 - HD
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 - EDC

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    yes sir: Kimber makes great 1911s. I own 5 my latest the desert warrior. Wow im in love again, out of box 500+ rounds not a hiccup. bad raps. not from me. I think kimbers been around long enough to know when they got something great,. GO KIMBER.

=

Love my Kimber Ultra carry. It is the best shooting hand gun I own.
    Ksgunner likes this.

Kimber pro carry II here, no complaints runs like a dream and a really sweet trigger.

Love my Kimbers: SIS Ultra & Super Custom Carry HD. Both have been flawless with over 1,000 rounds each. I trust them with my life almost every day. Every now-and-again, I carry a M&P 40C which is equally dependable.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Links