9MM CCW $500 to $700 Range

This is a discussion on 9MM CCW $500 to $700 Range within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have shot a Beretta 92FS and I can hit the target all day at a descent amount of distance at the range, I am ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 9MM CCW $500 to $700 Range

9MM CCW $500 to $700 Range

I have shot a Beretta 92FS and I can hit the target all day at a descent amount of distance at the range, I am by no means a great shot but with that gun I am accurate. I have shot a few snub noses and a few 3inch autos that are much harder to hit the target for me. I am looking to buy a CCW Auto in the $500 to $700 dollar range. I am looking for a 9MM that has a descent amount of rounds, is dependable, has a low amount of recoil, and is easy to be accurate with. I have looked at the Glock 26 Gen 4 (although it has recoil spring issues), Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact and a few of the Sig Pro's (I do not want a S&W, Kel-tec, Taurus, Ruger, SA-American/Brazilian made guns with the exception of Beretta). Any advice you guys could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Site

2. Remove Ads

Glock 19
    Badey, MattInFla, joker1 and 1 others like this.

Love my Kahr cw9.light and easy to conceal.Its pretty accurate for a short barrel. 7+1 or 8+1 and under $500.

Quote Originally Posted by yaonttwo View Post
    Glock 19
    +1 for the G19
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

I believe the gen 4 g26 recoil spring issues have been fixed, and if you buy a bad one Glock will send you a new spring. That notwithstanding, I love my G26 for summer carry. I also have a G23 for cold weather carry, which is the above mentioned g19 in 40 cal. Love both guns. I wouldn't recommend the PX4 for carry. Although it is a great gun and I loved mine, it's a little bit bulky when you carry it. I got rid of mine because it has the same round count and was roughly the same size as my g23, with a smaller caliber. Also, the subcompact PX4 doesn't have the rotating barrel of its big brothers, so it has the same (to me) felt recoil of the g23.

All in all, it depends on what works for you. What someone else may absolutely love may not work for you. Shoot some of these guns if you have a chance. That's the best way to find out.

-----
    Please excuse any typos - sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk.

Stand up for your rights, people! Wake up!
    BadgerJ likes this.

CZ P-01, hard to find but worth the price.

Glock 19 or Springfield XDS...own and like both.

Guessing the Berretta PX4 Storm is hard to be accurate with with such a short barrel and without that rotating barrel it has a descent amount of recoil. I am planning to do a IWB holster on my right side inside the pants that clips onto my belt. So the Glocks seem to be pretty accuarte huh? Only think I'm worried about with the G26 is that I want a place to put my pinky? Are the Sigs really over rated or are the cheaper ones trash? Thanks for all the info guys!

Site

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    The Gen. 4 G26 has the same dual recoil spring set up that all G26's have. The only change the the Gen. 4 sub-compacts was frame texture, they always used the dual-recoil spring.

Beretta made slightly more compact 92 series guns in both double and single stack, if your experience with the M9/92 guns is favorable maybe you could seek out their smaller siblings. A Sig P228, (original folded slide), P239, or P229/M11-A1 may also be a good choice, but you will have to search to stay in your price constraints. The P Series guns are smaller than the Sig Pro variations, just slightly and being aluminum framed are heavier - therefore soft shooting. You said no Smith's and I am assuming you mean their newer M&P series. The older Gen. 3 guns are steel/aluminum framed and are soft shooting and robust guns. You could get two and still be under your budget.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteofthor View Post
    Guessing the Berretta PX4 Storm is hard to be accurate with with such a short barrel and without that rotating barrel it has a descent amount of recoil. I am planning to do a IWB holster on my right side inside the pants that clips onto my belt. So the Glocks seem to be pretty accuarte huh? Only think I'm worried about with the G26 is that I want a place to put my pinky? Are the Sigs really over rated or are the cheaper ones trash? Thanks for all the info guys!

Site
    There are extensions for the sub-compact GLOCKs that allow a full grip without an appreciable gain in length, also extensions that add magazine capacity as well, but those extend the height of the gun a slight amount.

The polymer Sig Pro guns are very reliable, but are slightly larger than other options in that class. I prefer the original P series guns in the Sig line, but that isn't due to reliability. A few years ago you could find Sig Pro's for ~ $300, they were one of the best deals going back then. For whatever reason Sig didn't really market that line to it's full extent, choosing to push the P250's modularity instead. In my opinion the SP's are still an excellent firearm although mags are a little hard to find and sometimes expensive.

Ruger SR9c

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warpig76 View Post
    Love my Kahr cw9.light and easy to conceal.Its pretty accurate for a short barrel. 7+1 or 8+1 and under $500.
    Kahr is not a bad firearm, but after a week struggling with the flakey magazine lips on -some- you will probably shoot yourself. :D

Glock 26 is 19.75 oz empty, no mag. 6in long
    Glock 17 is 22.22 oz 8+ in long
    Glock 19 is 21 oz 7+ in long

I like that Glock has so many options, mags fit all models, holsters, sights, triggers, ubiquitous. Now days it's difficult to find mags for some of the M&P.

I actually enjoy my G17 for CC and range time...and I'm 5'7" and don't have any problems with it as my EDC...but I wasn't planning on CC when I bought it--if I was I probably would have gone with the G19, though the G17 is comfortable for me...there's something I like about the full-size models (like the Beretta92).

Don't get too caught up on the "pinky on the grip". I thought the same thing. I have a M&P9 full size and then added my 40c. I have larger hands and even going to a .40, I shoot as well OE sometimes even better with the mag without the pinky extension. I really don't notice it any more. Try it, You may like it.

I know you said, no S&W but I do like the M&Ps.

If you want capacity, the gun gets bigger (double stack vs single stack). Bigger Means heaver which will reduce recoil. Bigger is harder to conceal.

Good luck with your quest.
    ConcealedinPA likes this.

VIP Member
    Nobody told my G26 that it has recoil spring issues, of which I'm thankful for because it's functioned flawlessly so far...

I felt the same way about the G26 (about the pinky) years back when I started looking for a new CCW pistol. I wish I had resisted that mentality because you don't need your pinky finger on the pistol and it would have saved me the mistake of buying something else that ended up being less functional for me than the G26.

Get the G26 and pick up some GAP finger rest extensions and call it good. No need to extend any grips and you might as well just get a G19 if you plan to add any length to the 26 grip. It's only about 3/4" shorter to begin with, so why make it less concealable?
    Popeye5782 and Dnbailey like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links