Sig 938 first shots

Sig 938 first shots

This is a discussion on Sig 938 first shots within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone. Since I was interested in buying a Sig 938 I've been reading and watching a lot of videos about them, some good, some ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By mpd563

Thread: Sig 938 first shots

Sig 938 first shots

Hey everyone. Since I was interested in buying a Sig 938 I've been reading and watching a lot of videos about them, some good, some bad. Well today I decided to take the plunge and just try one for myself. I purchased a nib two tone model from my lgs, went straight to the range and put 100rds of federal 115g ball and 20rds of Speer Gold Dot 124g hp's through it. The trigger was not bad as I had read and broke very cleanly making the gun very easy to shoot tight groups with which it did very easily. (These guns are very accurate) Also it shot exactly to the point of aim at 12 yds. Recoil wasn't bad at all. I couldn't really tell much difference between it and my LCP .380. But best of all there were no malfunctions of any kind. The gun worked 100% straight from the box. This just might become my new edc in the near future. ;)
    God & Guns!

It 's a gorgeous gun! Best wishes. I've been looking long and hard, and I'm really in a weak state....I'm getting closer and closer to buying one, but the gun is pricey, magazines are $50 a piece and there are limited holsters available.

I can't say I've read any negative reviews on the 938 just about every one I have seen has been positive.
    BTW. I like the choice you made with the two tone.

Enjoy your new gun!

So cool this is my first post here

Hello Members:

I have followed the P938 for about a year, reading every forum post, watching every Youtube video and surely it has been a very mixed bag, which I believe Sig has fixed in recent months - finally.

Seems that lower grain ammo combined with weak ejector and poor recoil spring all mixed in with limp wristing was to blame for some very dis-heartened owners, many who had little to no faith in models as recent as 5 months ago.

Iam one of those unlucky conservatives in the Liberal state of NJ and I am awaiting my FID and permits to purchase handguns as week speak - I'm three months in and sadly this may be the mid-way point. I have shot a lot, not here but both in North Carolina and Mississippi when having a gun for sport or personal protection doesn't make you fell like a criminal or nut-case to your neighbors.

Off topic a second, being born in NJ, you have this inately intergrated view, likely taught through the schools that "Only the police and the bad-guys have guns" and this sad vision of thought has most people scared of anyone that even mentions that they have home protection, even if calling 9-11 promotes ONE of TWO things - a follow-up report and ambulance call at a crime scene or a call to the coroner.

I'm of an age and state of health where I know welding a baseball ball to attempt protecting my wife and myself will only end up getting my brains smashed in and her (God forbid raped) and killed. I know it is time to equalize any threat. My wife, who has been reluctant in the past had a different opion after sitting in the dark for a week during hurricane Sandy.

SORRY for the intro, it is my first post and I hope to at least paint a picture of myself to a very active group. I am a DOD employee and for 24 years I have made the high pressure steam used to lauch Naval Jets from our 2 land-based aircraft carrier platforms at Navy Lakehurst. A demanding job with a great deal of responcibility, but incredibly rewarding to serve my country in a thrilling manor.

Back to the Sig, and I think the P938 could be the perfect small/mid sized carry gun, it sure caught my eye early on in recent studying as I prepare to purchase. I love the M11-A1 (P228 simi-comparitive) which is pretty heavy at 32 ounces, but a sharp looking and nicely tweaked gun as well. The PNH FNX-9 a funnly ambi gun (I am a lefty) is no Sig, but at 1/2 to 2/3rd the price, and fully ambi, this is a great looking 9mm for a newbee to at least test drive with these other guns.

The only fault (and it is a big one) is the FNX comes with THREE 17 round mags (NJ has a 15 round mag law) so I don't even believe I can get this gun as they package it. I know they have 10 round mags for people dealing with mag limitations as I have here, but I'm awaiting a reply to see if they would exchange mags as a same price package - you never know. Especially when I assume a 10 round mag would be cheaper than a 17 round mag.

Please let me know how you make out with the P938, it is still a gun I would love to get my hands on and have it be trouble free. I see no recent complaints, so I do think Sig finally gave up on having customers returning their P938 for tweaking and they finally tooled up what the gun needed to be ideal out of the box.

EVERYONE, I hope my first post has been as much fun to read as it has been to write. I hope to be active here as I gain experience. Mind you, NJ has no realist Carry Law, ex-police have a near impossible chance at conceal carry and there is no open carry. It is just par for the most populated state per capita with 7109 people per square mile and 20 out of 21 counties liberal - interesting, here in Ocean County is New Jersey's ONLY conservative strong-hold, primarily due to the huge percentage of retired seniors, which I'll qualify as myself in about 8 years.

I am familiar with forums and administration, having the second largest beekeeping forum on the Internet (my username is a good clue) but we are advertisement free, family friendly and maybe 6500 members in 120 countries isn't a big deal in forums, it sure is a fun place for our topic and joining other forums of interest in a wonderful way to share life lessons, and since much of beekeeping is in the Southern states, we have a huge gun owner population!

Best wishes and please enjoy that wonderful P938 - oh.... Curious, what is the born on date?

John

I don't want to stray too far from the topic, but I do want to comment on John's post. I lived in NY most of my life and I feel. Your pain. Politicians who tout themselves as conservatives always give themselves away when it comes to gun laws. When Giuliani ran for president in 2008 he almost got bood off the stage when he said he was a believer in 2nd amendment rights, because everyone in the audience knew how restrictive NYC is with gun laws. Christi is the same.

As for the 938 it is a great gun for concealed carry, but might not be the best choice for a first gun. It is very small and light and recoil could give a new shooter a good case of flinch.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemaster View Post
    Hello Members:

I have followed the P938 for about a year, reading every forum post, watching every Youtube video and surely it has been a very mixed bag, which I believe Sig has fixed in recent months - finally.

Seems that lower grain ammo combined with weak ejector and poor recoil spring all mixed in with limp wristing was to blame for some very dis-heartened owners, many who had little to no faith in models as recent as 5 months ago.

Iam one of those unlucky conservatives in the Liberal state of NJ and I am awaiting my FID and permits to purchase handguns as week speak - I'm three months in and sadly this may be the mid-way point. I have shot a lot, not here but both in North Carolina and Mississippi when having a gun for sport or personal protection doesn't make you fell like a criminal or nut-case to your neighbors.

Off topic a second, being born in NJ, you have this inately intergrated view, likely taught through the schools that "Only the police and the bad-guys have guns" and this sad vision of thought has most people scared of anyone that even mentions that they have home protection, even if calling 9-11 promotes ONE of TWO things - a follow-up report and ambulance call at a crime scene or a call to the coroner.

I'm of an age and state of health where I know welding a baseball ball to attempt protecting my wife and myself will only end up getting my brains smashed in and her (God forbid raped) and killed. I know it is time to equalize any threat. My wife, who has been reluctant in the past had a different opion after sitting in the dark for a week during hurricane Sandy.

SORRY for the intro, it is my first post and I hope to at least paint a picture of myself to a very active group. I am a DOD employee and for 24 years I have made the high pressure steam used to lauch Naval Jets from our 2 land-based aircraft carrier platforms at Navy Lakehurst. A demanding job with a great deal of responcibility, but incredibly rewarding to serve my country in a thrilling manor.

Back to the Sig, and I think the P938 could be the perfect small/mid sized carry gun, it sure caught my eye early on in recent studying as I prepare to purchase. I love the M11-A1 (P228 simi-comparitive) which is pretty heavy at 32 ounces, but a sharp looking and nicely tweaked gun as well. The PNH FNX-9 a funnly ambi gun (I am a lefty) is no Sig, but at 1/2 to 2/3rd the price, and fully ambi, this is a great looking 9mm for a newbee to at least test drive with these other guns.

The only fault (and it is a big one) is the FNX comes with THREE 17 round mags (NJ has a 15 round mag law) so I don't even believe I can get this gun as they package it. I know they have 10 round mags for people dealing with mag limitations as I have here, but I'm awaiting a reply to see if they would exchange mags as a same price package - you never know. Especially when I assume a 10 round mag would be cheaper than a 17 round mag.

Please let me know how you make out with the P938, it is still a gun I would love to get my hands on and have it be trouble free. I see no recent complaints, so I do think Sig finally gave up on having customers returning their P938 for tweaking and they finally tooled up what the gun needed to be ideal out of the box.

EVERYONE, I hope my first post has been as much fun to read as it has been to write. I hope to be active here as I gain experience. Mind you, NJ has no realist Carry Law, ex-police have a near impossible chance at conceal carry and there is no open carry. It is just par for the most populated state per capita with 7109 people per square mile and 20 out of 21 counties liberal - interesting, here in Ocean County is New Jersey's ONLY conservative strong-hold, primarily due to the huge percentage of retired seniors, which I'll qualify as myself in about 8 years.

I am familiar with forums and administration, having the second largest beekeeping forum on the Internet (my username is a good clue) but we are advertisement free, family friendly and maybe 6500 members in 120 countries isn't a big deal in forums, it sure is a fun place for our topic and joining other forums of interest in a wonderful way to share life lessons, and since much of beekeeping is in the Southern states, we have a huge gun owner population!

Best wishes and please enjoy that wonderful P938 - oh.... Curious, what is the born on date?

John
    Out of respect for the OP, you should post your introduction in your own thread in the "New Members Introduce Yourself" forum. New Members Introduce Yourself By the way, welcome to the forum.

Nice little review OP. Do you intend to carry your P938? If so how? I have two P938 and I pocket carry them in a DeSantis Super Fly P938 ? DeSantis Holster

I liked this one so much
    P938 Nightmare.jpg

That when I saw this one I just had to have it
    Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg

By the way, I find that the 7 round mags really improve the comfort of the grip.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Out of respect for the OP, you should post your introduction in your own thread in the "New Members Introduce Yourself" forum. New Members Introduce Yourself By the way, welcome to the forum.

Nice little review OP. Do you intend to carry your P938? If so how? I have two P938 and I pocket carry them in a DeSantis Super Fly P938 ? DeSantis Holster

I liked this one so much
    P938 Nightmare.jpg

That when I saw this one I just had to have it
    Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg

By the way, I find that the 7 round mags really improve the comfort of the grip.
    The one on the bottom is the one I have. Yes I certainly do intend to carry it once I receive my spare mag that I have ordered. I ordered a 7 rounder. ;) My carry method when I start carrying it will most likely be in an iwb holster of some sort or a sob holster. I do like the SuperFly in the rear pocket carry also.
    God & Guns!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpd563 View Post
    The one on the bottom is the one I have. Yes I certainly do intend to carry it once I receive my spare mag that I have ordered. I ordered a 7 rounder. ;) My carry method when I start carrying it will most likely be in an iwb holster of some sort or a sob holster. I do like the SuperFly in the rear pocket carry also.
    For IWB carry you should check out the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters White Hat Holsters... gun gear for the GOOD guys!

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

Their interchangeable kydex system enables you to use the same holster to carry any of your guns simply by changing out the kydex. It takes about 2 minutes to swap out.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Well guys I got my spare mag today so I put 50 more rounds through the gun to function test the new mag and the gun a little more. I fired 50 rds of Winchester white box with 0 malfunctions. It's definitely winning my heart. ;)
    God & Guns!

Might be the best CC pistol ever made?
    Love mine!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373686165.517681.jpg

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
    Blacked out

Sponsored Links