Amazing H&K Customer Service

This is a discussion on Amazing H&K Customer Service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I had a very bad incident with my P2000 in .40 on Monday. A problem reload blew my gun apart. My hand stung for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Amazing H&K Customer Service

Amazing H&K Customer Service

So I had a very bad incident with my P2000 in .40 on Monday. A problem reload blew my gun apart. My hand stung for the day and gunpowder was almost tattooed on my hand. Thankfully no serious damage to my hand.

Monday afternoon I mailed my gun back to H&K for repair Fed Ex, next day air. I thank my gun store because I never thought of getting a new frame, probably because I was upset. Today, Wednesday, less than a day in H&K's possession, repairs calls and tells me it is ready. New frame, new extractor, new mag, and close examination all for $183.00.

I am amazed and really thankful.
    JD, bmcgilvray, ripley16 and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

Almost sounds like they have repair techs sitting around just waiting for something to come in.
    onacoma, thephanatik and 64zebra like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    How does HK not hate you? Are you of German decent by any chance?

Glad they got you fixed up and that you didn't lose any digits.
    atctimmy likes this.

You might be the first person to ever use H&K customer service. They wanted to get off to a good start!
    bklynboy, than137 and bmcgilvray like this.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    New frame, new extractor, new mag, and close examination all for $183.00.
    You need double that for a new slide assembly complete. Only problem with HK is the original cost! After that you're set for life! My 9mm P2000 SK is going on 10,000 round without a failure. Now if I could only find ammo!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

For those gun owners for which price is not a hurdle, there truly is one exceptional production handgun manufacturer left. H&K stands alone these days and it is a reputation they have earned. They are what Sig Sauer was 15 years ago. I'm glad it worked out so well for you.
    onacoma and R040607 like this.

Heckler & Koch is pretty great. I've had good engagements with their tech/support group as well. They've got a well-earned reputation. Glad to see they're continuing to back their product, even in situations where the ammo almost certainly was the cause of the issue. Can't think of too many other companies that would stand behind the product even in such situations.

Kudos, H&K.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    the resident Hk guy at my LGS has an .40 USP with a claimed 250.000 plus rounds. the slide cracked (from rear of ejection port to the left side of the frame) but the gun still worked, point of impact changed. he sent t back to Hk and it was fixed for free.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Wow, that is incredibly fast service. Now that I think about it I have never heard of an H&K breaking, so their warranty service guys must be like the Maytag Man just waiting for something to do.
    R040607 and JD like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

JD
    Administrator

I've considered a SIG P220 or P225 on occasion as a nod to a worthy current pistol designs but never really considered the H&K.

Maybe I ought to be looking at one of these in .45 ACP.
    Heckler & Koch - USA
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I've considered a SIG P220 or P225 on occasion as a nod to a worthy current pistol designs but never really considered the H&K.

Maybe I ought to be looking at one of these in .45 ACP.
    Heckler & Koch - USA
    You should! There will be zero chance of regret. You just don't know until you know. But once you do it changes everything.

Actually when I originally called repair said 2 - 3 weeks they had a project going. When he called he said since it was a simple repair he jumped it ahead of his project. Can't ask for more than that.

RO40607: I used to carry a Sig 226 and 220 but H&Ks became my EDC. They are as reliable, accurate, and have the same quality feel as Sig. You will not be disappointed. Try the HK45c it is amazing.

And yes my last name is German.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post

And yes my last name is German.
    That figures.
    I am having a tough time deciding between a 45c or P30 for my next purchase. I don't currently have a 9mm in my collection and that would be the logical purchase, but that 45c is really calling to me.

Well I'm going to start paying more attention to H&K products on the tables at the gun shows.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links