XD-9 Range report

XD-9 Range report

This is a discussion on XD-9 Range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First time I have really had time to take my new XD to the range . First off I want to prefix this by saying ...

XD-9 Range report

First time I have really had time to take my new XD to the range . First off I want to prefix this by saying for Me . Just my humble opinion. I have had all sorts of revolvers, carried a S&W 66 for duty, a Beretta 92FS later on, Had a Colt 1911, A Glock 36, Stoeger 9MM , a Nano just to mention a few. So Im not new to handguns .

I really like this Springfield XD. Most of all I love the way it fits in my hand, Its accurate, and it is comfortable ! I could shoot this all day and that is most important . A few hundred rounds and not an issue as most of my handguns, but it was the Fit in my hand :) I know I'm repeating myself but it feels just right. I also appreciate the 16+1 capacity, cause 7-9-10 goes really fast and for me I want the extra rounds just in case . I'm not talking about round placement here we all know how important that is. I'm talking about the ability to have the extra rounds for multiple threats .

Why did it take me so long XD ? I just am so happy with this handgun, its abilities and features So like the three bears, this one is too heavy, this one too small, This one Just Right ......For me :)

PS- I actually like the grip safety and I do like the trigger in this stock form . Call me weird but it's just fine for me .

One more thing - Frog Lube Rocks ! This gun cleaned up so easy - basically wiped off the gun, patch down the barrel , wiped the spring, like new ! Nothing really stuck :) re applied FL to the slide rails , easy take down ....:)
    Last edited by Cheesewiz; July 10th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Glad to see you like the XD 9. I have been carrying and shooting the XD9 service model for about 5 yrs. I love it everytime I pull the trigger. Good ergonomics, easy follow up shot and it is "combat" accurate. I mainly hit tight center mass out to 25 yrds no problem. Glad you like your as well as I like mine.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Links