A Shield followed me home today.

This is a discussion on A Shield followed me home today. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been considering a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm for some time now. I ignored the urge while the gun ban scare was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A Shield followed me home today.

I have been considering a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm for some time now. I ignored the urge while the gun ban scare was on since none could be found for less than $600. I was lookimg around today and my LGS was having a sale and had one for $399. They were out, but Gander Mountain had some and they price matched.

I bought the gun for its feel, small size for maximum comcealment, nice trigger, and its natural pointability. It was made for my smallish hands. Its the gun, Glock, should have made. But hey, their loss.

So I took her home for the honeymoon. Cleaned her up, lubed her, and polished the mags for a smoother drop. A custom stipple work on the grip may be coming soon, but I want to shoot it first to see if the factory texture will hold up if my hands are wet.

The best thing is, my old Remora holster from my Beretta Nano that I no longer have, fits perfectly! All set once it passes its reliability tests. I can't wait!
    HAGJewels likes this.

Congrats on the new Shield! I've been contemplating getting one since my LGS has plenty in stock.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    CONGRATS!!!!! My first pistol that I bought myself was a shield 9mm. This gun is just awesome. I have over 400 to 500 rounds through it. I am in total love with it. I am qualifying with it for my CHL tomorrow in fact. Also nice job on the Glock hate. Glock can take a lesson from S&W.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new purchase!

What happened to the Nano?

The Talon rubber grips work great on mine if you need a better grip.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

I use the clipper from mitch rosen worksreal good

Congrats & great price ! Don't get discouraged if your white dots on the sights fall out, unfortunately its common. What ammo did you decide to carry ?

VIP Member
    Big Ups on the buy...I think you'll like it and like it a lot. I know I dig mine, but, hey, I'm one guy with one opinion (but there are more than few thousand others out there like me). I think you'll find it to be reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot all the while it eats up every bit of ammo you put into it.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

The Nano just felt odd in my hand.

And I am not hating on Glock. I love Glocks. I can opperate a Glock blindfolded. They just don't have a comparable model to the Shield.

I went with Federal HST 124gr +P.

And about the dots, its ok, I have Glo-On paint. But I think I want some fiber optic sights.

The nano felt weird to me as well. I would like to shoot one before fully writing it off though.

Blame Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong. The Nano is an excellent firearm. Shoots amazingly well! Recoil was much less than I thought. Only downside wasthe lack of a slide catch. Harder to clear any jams if you need to in a pinch.

Does anyone know anything about the NA .32 as a pocket pistol? They took a .380 round and necked it down to .32, then built a pistol around it. I lost a friend because he was carrying a .380 (didn't stop the bad guy) and swore I would never buy one. But the .32 is putting out almost 1200 fps and 200 ft/lbs at the muzzle, with a 2 1/2" barrel.

pm9
    You will like your Shield. I added Talon stick on grips, another option are Tractiongrips. I would try those before you attack your gun with a soldering gun.
    I also added an Apex Hard Sear and a set of Ameriglo sights. Great carry package.

I have heard some good things about the .32 NAA cartridge. The only bad thing is not many manufacturers making SD ammo. But I would like one too. Love my Guardian .380 so I wantto try the .32 NAA.

Now you just need a set of xs sights! I'm a fan of my theis holster, makes it easy to conceal even with just a plain shirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links