Are You Addicted, Too?

This is a discussion on Are You Addicted, Too? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It should be against the rules for me to visit GunBroker on a weekend after 9pm. Yes, yet another P229 is on its way to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Are You Addicted, Too?

Are You Addicted, Too?

It should be against the rules for me to visit GunBroker on a weekend after 9pm. Yes, yet another P229 is on its way to Indianapolis. I'm addicted. I need help. Is there a Guns Anonymous?
    kmagnuss likes this.

2. Remove Ads

OMG, just don't call any hotlines! The last thing we need is for libs to start talking about "fighting gun addiction."

So gunbroker is good? Been curious about online sales. You have to have it shipped to a dealer and pay them a fee, right?
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Hi, I'm Smitty and I haven't bought a gun for 60 days. [Hi, Smitty...]
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    So gunbroker is good? Been curious about online sales. You have to have it shipped to a dealer and pay them a fee, right?
    GunBroker is good, indeed, and yes, for nearly all purchases you have to have the gun shipped to an FFL in your home state.
    southernwi likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Hi, I'm Smitty and I haven't bought a gun for 60 days. [Hi, Smitty...]
    Hello, I'm NoName and I haven't bought a gun for 42 months.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Yes, yet another P229 is on its way to Indianapolis. I'm addicted. I need help. Is there a Guns Anonymous?
    12-step process: For each of the next 12 weeks, send me one of your prime pistols or rifles. I'll take 'em through their paces and let you know what I think. Rinse, repeat, until your collection is toast. That'll cure you, if nothing else will. PM me, for address where to send them ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    12-step process: For each of the next 12 weeks, send me one of your prime pistols or rifles. I'll take 'em through their paces and let you know what I think. Rinse, repeat, until your collection is toast. That'll cure you, if nothing else will. PM me, for address where to send them ...
    That's brave of you, taking on his addiction yourself! You should share the load with us, too much for just one to handle.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

We are all friends here and we can all help each other with our obsession/addiction. I too have a obsession. I bought a pistol last Monday and a shotgun the next day. On top of that I have been buying ammo left and right. What you have is very common. It is called gun addiction syndrome. GSA is something that you don't want a cure for. The only downside is trying to hide your new lead spreaders from your significant other. The best remedy I have learned is buying one for her! Don't be alarmed!! There are many Americans with this posotive obsession.

What a crock. You guys are full of it. I haven't bought a gun since 1:00 this afternoon.
    maxwell97 and Mtnmanca like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmanca View Post
    We are all friends here and we can all help each other with our obsession/addiction. I too have a obsession. I bought a pistol last Monday and a shotgun the next day. On top of that I have been buying ammo left and right. What you have is very common. It is called gun addiction syndrome. GSA is something that you don't want a cure for. The only downside is trying to hide your new lead spreaders from your significant other. The best remedy I have learned is buying one for her! Don't be alarmed!! There are many Americans with this posotive obsession.
    The wife announced about an hour ago that there will be NO more gun purchases without prior approval. She suggested that I'd have to choose between her and the guns. I replied to ask if she was 100% sure she wanted to issue that ultimatum? She hasn't spoken since. I think I'm headed to a time out soon......

Hi, I'm ginzo and I have a problem. Bought my 1st M&P, a 40FS in Dec 2012, and just ordered a 40c 2 weeks ago. Where does it end?

IndianaSig........... I haven't told my wife yet. Better to ask forgiveness? My wife hates guns! (she's knows of the 1st one).

She hasn't seen the FS yet, I don't flash it around. So long as she doesn't see them both at once, I think I'm golden.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    That's brave of you, taking on his addiction yourself! You should share the load with us, too much for just one to handle.
    It's the least I could do. I'm ready. Bring it on, baby. Your stuff, too, Max. A nice stash of ammo wouldn't hurt, either.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    The wife announced about an hour ago that there will be NO more gun purchases without prior approval. She suggested that I'd have to choose between her and the guns. I replied to ask if she was 100% sure she wanted to issue that ultimatum? She hasn't spoken since. I think I'm headed to a time out soon......
    Ah, newlyweds, huh?

You will learn the craft of stealth and sleight of hand.

I'd be quick about it. They get pretty mad.

Wine will neutralize these problems with the misses

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Ah, newlyweds, huh?
    Yep, only 33 years in November......
    multistage and Brad426 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links