My wife rocks!

This is a discussion on My wife rocks! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my wife and her sister to my family's ranch for the weekend with two goals: 1)allow my wife to get some rounds with my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: My wife rocks!

My wife rocks!

Took my wife and her sister to my family's ranch for the weekend with two goals: 1)allow my wife to get some rounds with my xds45 and 2) get my SIL familiar with different platforms/calibers. We had a variety of small autos and revolvers for them to use. SIL actually was more comfortable and deadly w/an lcp than any j frames or mini 9's offered. What surprised me was my wife who took to my dad's old Para P12. Liked it and shot it well, so much so that he sent her home with it. I knew she could shoot my LTC very well, but she now has me outgunned! Now come the snap cap hours getting her used to cocked and locked and their goes my hope of getting a j frame into the family arsenal...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Cool , sounds like major fun .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I'm looking forward to the day when my wife expresses interest. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the day when my wife expresses interest. Congrats.
    +1
    I showed my wife the video of the New Jersey lady attacked in her home which had no effect. Then we watched The Call and she said maybe I should carry a firearm :|

I guess whatever works.
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horns1911 View Post
    Took my wife and her sister to my family's ranch for the weekend with two goals: 1)allow my wife to get some rounds with my xds45 and 2) get my SIL familiar with different platforms/calibers. We had a variety of small autos and revolvers for them to use. SIL actually was more comfortable and deadly w/an lcp than any j frames or mini 9's offered. What surprised me was my wife who took to my dad's old Para P12. Liked it and shot it well, so much so that he sent her home with it. I knew she could shoot my LTC very well, but she now has me outgunned! Now come the snap cap hours getting her used to cocked and locked and their goes my hope of getting a j frame into the family arsenal...
    What's wrong with getting one for yourself?
    oneshot likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    congrats on finding a keeper. sounds like she is definitely liking guns.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I'll wager there are many forum members whos wives rock for various reasons. My wife is from the Philippines and is 95 lbs dripping wet. Leaving her old country for her new country she has an appreciation that a lot of people born here don't. She'll never understand the entitlement mentality that pervades our society but she loves the USA and all the opportunities afforded those lucky enough to have been born here. Delving into our politics and history she knows more about US civics than most young Americans and she looks forward to becoming a citizen later this year. She's a great wife and is going to be a great American.
    Attached Images
    357and40, ETXhiker, MrsHB and 3 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Out gunned keep her happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    Out gunned keep her happy!!
    Yeah Congrats but you better be a good boy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
    I'll wager there are many forum members whos wives rock for various reasons. My wife is from the Philippines and is 95 lbs dripping wet. Leaving her old country for her new country she has an appreciation that a lot of people born here don't. She'll never understand the entitlement mentality that pervades our society but she loves the USA and all the opportunities afforded those lucky enough to have been born here. Delving into our politics and history she knows more about US civics than most young Americans and she looks forward to becoming a citizen later this year. She's a great wife and is going to be a great American.

Congrats to you.... and it looks like you were on the set of the last Indiana Jones movie.........

When I came home yesterday my wife was on the phone with her sister... talking about HOLSTERS! It may sound ridiculous but that puts a spring in my giddyup:)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyF View Post
    When I came home yesterday my wife was on the phone with her sister... talking about HOLSTERS! It may sound ridiculous but that puts a spring in my giddyup:)

Winner, winner chicken dinner.... you sir, are set.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Congrats to you.... and it looks like you were on the set of the last Indiana Jones movie.........
    That photo was taken at Saum Loung Night Bazaar in Bangkok, Thailand. I started her exposure to firearms with a Ruger 10-22 I bought her for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulla View Post
    +1
    I showed my wife the video of the New Jersey lady attacked in her home which had no effect. Then we watched The Call and she said maybe I should carry a firearm :|

I guess whatever works.
    No kidding, huh?

Amazing. Whatever works is right.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member
    Lucky women to have fellows like all of you making over them AND buying them guns ~ Your Momma's raised you right!
    Aceoky and MrsHB like this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links