My wife rocks!

This is a discussion on My wife rocks! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my wife and her sister to my family's ranch for the weekend with two goals: 1)allow my wife to get some rounds with my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: My wife rocks!

  1. #1
    Member Array Horns1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    16

    My wife rocks!

    Took my wife and her sister to my family's ranch for the weekend with two goals: 1)allow my wife to get some rounds with my xds45 and 2) get my SIL familiar with different platforms/calibers. We had a variety of small autos and revolvers for them to use. SIL actually was more comfortable and deadly w/an lcp than any j frames or mini 9's offered. What surprised me was my wife who took to my dad's old Para P12. Liked it and shot it well, so much so that he sent her home with it. I knew she could shoot my LTC very well, but she now has me outgunned! Now come the snap cap hours getting her used to cocked and locked and their goes my hope of getting a j frame into the family arsenal...

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member
    Array welder516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Crab State if i could leave i would
    Posts
    2,982
    Cool , sounds like major fun .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

  4. #3
    Member Array blanco64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    431
    I'm looking forward to the day when my wife expresses interest. Congrats.

  5. #4
    Member Array Dulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the day when my wife expresses interest. Congrats.
    +1
    I showed my wife the video of the New Jersey lady attacked in her home which had no effect. Then we watched The Call and she said maybe I should carry a firearm :|

    I guess whatever works.
    Aceoky likes this.

  6. #5
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Horns1911 View Post
    Took my wife and her sister to my family's ranch for the weekend with two goals: 1)allow my wife to get some rounds with my xds45 and 2) get my SIL familiar with different platforms/calibers. We had a variety of small autos and revolvers for them to use. SIL actually was more comfortable and deadly w/an lcp than any j frames or mini 9's offered. What surprised me was my wife who took to my dad's old Para P12. Liked it and shot it well, so much so that he sent her home with it. I knew she could shoot my LTC very well, but she now has me outgunned! Now come the snap cap hours getting her used to cocked and locked and their goes my hope of getting a j frame into the family arsenal...
    What's wrong with getting one for yourself?
    oneshot likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,850
    congrats on finding a keeper. sounds like she is definitely liking guns.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

  8. #7
    Member Array mag318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    74
    I'll wager there are many forum members whos wives rock for various reasons. My wife is from the Philippines and is 95 lbs dripping wet. Leaving her old country for her new country she has an appreciation that a lot of people born here don't. She'll never understand the entitlement mentality that pervades our society but she loves the USA and all the opportunities afforded those lucky enough to have been born here. Delving into our politics and history she knows more about US civics than most young Americans and she looks forward to becoming a citizen later this year. She's a great wife and is going to be a great American.
    Attached Images
    357and40, ETXhiker, MrsHB and 3 others like this.

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    wasilla alaska
    Posts
    1,351
    Out gunned keep her happy!!

  10. #9
    Member Array fredg53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    Out gunned keep her happy!!
    Yeah Congrats but you better be a good boy

  11. #10
    VIP Member
    Array Stoveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    PRM
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
    I'll wager there are many forum members whos wives rock for various reasons. My wife is from the Philippines and is 95 lbs dripping wet. Leaving her old country for her new country she has an appreciation that a lot of people born here don't. She'll never understand the entitlement mentality that pervades our society but she loves the USA and all the opportunities afforded those lucky enough to have been born here. Delving into our politics and history she knows more about US civics than most young Americans and she looks forward to becoming a citizen later this year. She's a great wife and is going to be a great American.


    Congrats to you.... and it looks like you were on the set of the last Indiana Jones movie.........

  12. #11
    Member Array MikeyF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    117
    When I came home yesterday my wife was on the phone with her sister... talking about HOLSTERS! It may sound ridiculous but that puts a spring in my giddyup:)

  13. #12
    VIP Member
    Array Stoveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    PRM
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyF View Post
    When I came home yesterday my wife was on the phone with her sister... talking about HOLSTERS! It may sound ridiculous but that puts a spring in my giddyup:)


    Winner, winner chicken dinner.... you sir, are set.

  14. #13
    Member Array mag318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Congrats to you.... and it looks like you were on the set of the last Indiana Jones movie.........
    That photo was taken at Saum Loung Night Bazaar in Bangkok, Thailand. I started her exposure to firearms with a Ruger 10-22 I bought her for Christmas.

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array pittypat21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulla View Post
    +1
    I showed my wife the video of the New Jersey lady attacked in her home which had no effect. Then we watched The Call and she said maybe I should carry a firearm :|

    I guess whatever works.
    No kidding, huh?

    Amazing. Whatever works is right.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

  16. #15
    Distinguished Member
    Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    1,609
    Lucky women to have fellows like all of you making over them AND buying them guns ~ Your Momma's raised you right!
    Aceoky and MrsHB like this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member


    Matthew 12:36, 37

    36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •