My new HK P30S really rocks!

This is a discussion on My new HK P30S really rocks! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally got a day off and decided to burn some ammo, so I had quite the HK range day! I hit the range with my ...

Thread: My new HK P30S really rocks!

My new HK P30S really rocks!

Finally got a day off and decided to burn some ammo, so I had quite the HK range day! I hit the range with my USP45 Tactical, USPf9 (with the newly installed Match Trigger) and my brand spankin' new P30S. I took my Beretta Nano and my BHP along as well. Forgot my .22 pistol though...

First off, the P30S is awe inspiring! I don't know what they did to make this gun shoot so well but color me impressed. 9mm isn't a heavy recoiling round in the first place of course, and most decent nines can be run pretty fast with accuracy. And the USPs especially so due to the recoil reduction system. Even so I was stunned by how well the P30 runs at speed! The first five rounds out of the gun, with me never having fired it before, were all touching. Again, 2nd mag through the gun I shot a 15 shot group you could cover with a playing card- nearly as fast as I could pull the trigger. Whether it's something mechanical and innate to the design or the spectacular ergonomics I just can't get over how easy it is to shoot the P30 fast.

The new Match Trigger in my USPf9 is also wonderful. It's amazing how much better it is than stock. I knew this from dry firing it but once I got the range I was still surprised. In fact, it really was a "surprise break" as the first couple shots I was genuinely startled when the trigger broke! Very nice.

The '45 Tactical...well, no shocker- it still kicks ass! .45 ammo is a little steeper than 9mm so I don't shoot it as much but I like to give it a little love each range trip.

The Nano is one of my main CCW guns for when I can't conceal a full sized gun. Today I put a 50 round of 147gr Fed HST thru the gun to make sure it works, and it runs just fine. Kind of expensive to plink with but it would be more costly to need to use the gun and have it not work!

One more bonus- the guy in the lane next to me was shooting a Kris Vector! Awesome gun. He was dumping 20-25 rounds onto a playing card as fast as he could pull the trigger. Very neat gun. The best part though is that he doesn't reload! Wound up bringing back 3X the brass I left with.

All in all a good range day.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

2. Remove Ads

I've been shooting a P30 V1 (Light LEM) in 9mm for about a month now. I'm so very impressed with this gun. H&K really got it right.

I purchased the gun from Bud's. When it arrived at the local FFL it turned out to the the V1 (Light LEM). I briefly considered keeping it since I've been wanting to try an LEM and it was my 2nd choice. Ultimately though for $950 I wanted the one I ordered. Before long I plan to send one of my USPf9s back to HK to have the Match/LEM Hybrid trigger installed. If it lives up to all the hype I'll probably get more LEM guns in the future. Lots of HK fans have ditched Condition One for LEM, and I'm considering it. Guess I'm just an old-time, old-school, stick-in-the-mud! Just really used to carrying cocked and locked.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Links