First view of CZ Duty

First view of CZ Duty

This is a discussion on First view of CZ Duty within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Stopped by LGS today an held a CZ Duty all I can say is wow. Great ergonomics really nice feel. If I did not already ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Easy8

Thread: First view of CZ Duty

First view of CZ Duty

Stopped by LGS today an held a CZ Duty all I can say is wow. Great ergonomics really nice feel. If I did not already have a CZ 75 P01 I would have bought it. This is without a doubt the best gun out there under 500.00 if your looking for a nice cc in 9mm this is it. If it shoots half as good as my P01 it is a definite winner.
    ccw9mm likes this.

I'm darned tempted myself. Gander has the p07 on sale for $450 round here. It doesn't include the $30 decocking part changeout, which is odd - but DOES include a cz-branded rail mount light, which more than makes up for it.

It's a bit bigger than what I prefer for carry, but I could make it work. Still smaller than a sigma.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    I have both the P-01 and the P-07. The P-07 is slightly lighter but has 2 additional rounds. The difference in triggers is what is really impressive. The P-07 with the Omega trigger is far superior to the P-01 IMO. The only drawback is the standard 75 magazines are not interchangeable. P-07 magazines are larger to allow for the 2 additional rounds. The P-01 magazine will go into the P-07 but not lock in place.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I'm darned tempted myself. Gander has the p07 on sale for $450 round here. It doesn't include the $30 decocking part changeout, which is odd - but DOES include a cz-branded rail mount light, which more than makes up for it.

It's a bit bigger than what I prefer for carry, but I could make it work. Still smaller than a sigma.
    Sounds like GM is trying to screw people over. The safety and decocker levers are both shipped with the gun. GM is removing it for resale, hoping people haven't done their homework and know it is suppose to be there.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Just to help things along.

CZ-USA -> CZ P-07 Duty
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I love the green one
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

The quality of the gun for under 500 is amazing

Yeah, that new P07 is sure a temptress. Every time I am at the gun store she ends up in my hands lol.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sounds like GM is trying to screw people over. The safety and decocker levers are both shipped with the gun. GM is removing it for resale, hoping people haven't done their homework and know it is suppose to be there.
    Maybe, but I have to guess the tac light they include would go for at least $50 on its own, while the decocker is only $30. It's a strange deal. Either way, I could drop the $30 for the decocker and still have it for $480 including light - which is a heckuva deal. Darn tempted...
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Stopped by LGS today an held a CZ Duty all I can say is wow. Great ergonomics really nice feel. If I did not already have a CZ 75 P01 I would have bought it.
    The ergonomics of the new "curvy" CZ's (and H&K's) are pretty amazing. Myself, I prefer the all-metal construction. But it would be something if the manufacturers could come up with a price-competitive all-metal variant that's got such good ergonomics as these new models. Probably won't be able to, sadly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I had one. Very Good gun for ~$500. Way too easy for unintentional double taps, though. Must've been that Omega trigger? Never had that issue with any other gun. It was a nightstand gun so it's been moved. I greatly prefer my other two CZ's, the 2075 Rami and 75 Compact PCR D.

LOVE my CZ 2075 RAMI BD. CZ makes a hell of a firearm.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by CZRex View Post
    I had one. Very Good gun for ~$500. Way too easy for unintentional double taps, though. Must've been that Omega trigger? Never had that issue with any other gun. It was a nightstand gun so it's been moved. I greatly prefer my other two CZ's, the 2075 Rami and 75 Compact PCR D.
    Just think of it as a "bonus round."

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Just think of it as a "bonus round."
    He is correct,the double taps are a little too easy - The PO7 has a trigger that takes control,its very light
    but the gun is a tack driver make no mistake about it .. Same goes for all CZs

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar

Links