Easy to Conceal Guns for women

This is a discussion on Easy to Conceal Guns for women within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in the market for a new gun for concealed carry. Im a pretty small female and wonder what others recommend....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Easy to Conceal Guns for women

I am in the market for a new gun for concealed carry. Im a pretty small female and wonder what others recommend.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the Forum.

A lot of manufacturers make smaller guns that are ideal for CC.

Ruger
    Kahr
    Bersa
    S&W and on and on. Half the fun is checking them all out for yourself and get one that feels right for you.

I would recommend the Glock 26, 9mm 10+1 capacity, but it's not for everybody.

Have fun, shoot often and carry safe.

My wife can conceal my XDS pretty well im looking at getting her a shield .40 or an LCR. Right now she carries an EAA witness .45 in a cross shoulder purse with a holster pocket in it. It all depends on how you plan on carrying. She has found some videos on youtube pretty helpful from faliaphotography. She has some pretty comprehensive videos on what and how she carries.
    Sister likes this.

It'll depend on your body shape, clothing choices, ergonomic/comfort preferences.

Here's a tool that can help narrow down some choices: Handgun Database Search @ Genitron.com. You can select by caliber, maker; and you can filter results by overall length, weight, capacity.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the site from Maryland . Alot of helpful people will help you decide or narrow down
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Welcome! It depends a lot on how you want to carry. My personal choice for a small gun would be a .38 Special revolver, preferably a Ruger LCR or a Smith & Wesson Airweight 638 or 642. There are autos that are smaller, but they're generally less powerful and more difficult to shoot accurately, and (IMHO) less reliable.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    There are so many different brands and calibers.
    The best thing,would be,if you can find a shooting range,where they rent guns.That's really the only true way to know.Maybe if you know other's personally,who has firearms who can help you.
    Maybe look at 380's,or 9mm.
    Stoveman brought up some good ones.It's according to how much you want to spend..Good luck

Wife is 67 an about 115 lbs carries .642 I had it ported and a action job for her. She loves it has carried it for years, does really good at the range with it.
    sanfordreed and G26Raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Snob View Post
    I am in the market for a new gun for concealed carry. Im a pretty small female and wonder what others recommend.
    Some questions, to help those who'd like to help narrow down the options:

1. What is your height?
    2. Do you wear solid (aka, "gun") belts, or would you be willing to?
    3. Do your clothing choices allow for IWB or OWB carry, along your waist on a decent belt?
    4. If along the waist/belt is not acceptable, are you open to shoulder carry?
    5. Can you consistently wear covering garments (ie, jackets) that'll be able to conceal it from visibility, or do you require your shirts/pants to do that job?
    6. Do you require absolute discreet concealment, or does it really matter if your firearm is actually visible?
    7. If carrying on the body isn't your cup of tea, do you regularly carry a larger bag/purse/case with you?
    8. Are you new to firearms and to carrying concealed?
    BadgerJ likes this.

I was looking at a Sig P283 but I am still undecided. I am specifically looking for something that would be easy to conceal during the summer months. I wanted to do more research before I buy my next gun.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Sig's are nice.Springfield makes a compact.S & W's M & P compact has been popular as well.Just have to figure out,what fits the best in your hand.

From a strictly "good concealment" standpoint, you might take a look at these: Kahr PM9, CM9, MK9, CW9 or K9; SIG P939, P290; Kimber Solo; Beretta Nano; S&W Shield; Ruger LC9; S&W 340, 442, 640; Ruger LCR; the Rohrbaugh offerings.

Most anything else is going to be larger, and on a small-framed person is likely to be much harder to conceal. Though, if your shape/clothing/gear selections allow, many people neatly conceal fairly large guns on their persons. Depends.
    Brent95 likes this.

Thank you for the list to help ccw9mm. To go along with what I previously posted, I was looking for a 9mm or .380. I want to be able to not have any kind of imprint from it. I want to be able to wear my shorts and t-shirts in the summer. Im about 5'2 and 120lbs so that doesnt give me much room to hide things in my clothes. I dont have a preference wear I carry. I just applied for my CWP and dont have any experience with carrying, but I have a lot of range time.

I have a Glock 19 and a Beretta Nano. I use the 19 for home protection and the Nano I think is almost too big for summer. I love the Glock but Im not a big fan of the Nano. I have thought about selling it.

...welcome...I'm an ugly big male who recommends an all-steel or stainless J-frame S&W .38...easily learned and plenty potent with +P ammo, easy to shoot, easy to conceal...and simple to operate under stress or in a struggle...point and squeeze...repeat as needed...

...airweights are more fun to carry but less fun to shoot and control...

other than the Smith, if you can find a Colt Detective Special, you can get 6 shots at a minimal increase in size...the Ruger SP101 is heavier by a bit, but very shootable in .38 Spl...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Snob View Post
    sanfordreed and Sister like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links