which Hk do you carry ?

This is a discussion on which Hk do you carry ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; do you carry an Hk? if so i would like to hear from you, i have a P2000 in .40 as my EDC, concealed. i ...

View Poll Results: which Hk do you carry concealed?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hk 4

0 0%
  • VP 70

0 0%
  • P7M8/PSP

6 13.04%
  • P7M13 and other verients of the P7

0 0%
  • USP

4 8.70%
  • USP compact

11 23.91%
  • USP expert/elite

1 2.17%
  • P2000

4 8.70%
  • P2000 SK

10 21.74%
  • Hk 45

1 2.17%
  • Hk 45 compact

1 2.17%
  • USP/Hk45 Tactical

0 0%
  • USP/Hk 45 Compact tactical

1 2.17%
  • P30

6 13.04%
  • P30L

1 2.17%
  • Mk 23 and i have the pics to prove it

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: which Hk do you carry ?

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar

Question which Hk do you carry ?

do you carry an Hk? if so i would like to hear from you, i have a P2000 in .40 as my EDC, concealed. i am curious as to what other Hk carriers chose as their EDC and why. which model, what caliber, which fire control group?

i got mine last Xmas and it was a struggle to pick just one to buy. so i want to know what others have chosen for concealed carry.
    i choose the P2000 instead of the SK because i don`t like sub-compacts made from larger guns and the SK grip is too short for me, my pinky has nowhere to go and it just didn't feel right for me. the USP compact is also very popular, if you choose this after the P2000 became available please explain why,i choose the P2K over the USP compact because the latter is bulkier and uses a proprietary rail, also i like the Decocker on my SA/DA version 3.

there are many fine guns out there and i have carried a few other brands, but for the purpose of this thread, i don't care about the other brands, just the Hks. there are plenty of other threads debating the "best" gun and "best" caliber.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

P30 9mm LEM or P2000sk 9mm LEM, I've carried the P30 more simply because I've had it longer..I supect that will change with the sk (only had it a month or so).. Pinky gets modestly smooshed on the sk and it's also why I have left the magazine extension on, I get all three finger in and it fosters a very positive grip. LEM triggers are the only way I go on HK pistols, after knowing what a Sig SRT is like..no way. Grown to quite love the LEM, for self-defense its quite a solid choice. Nothing too stiff, but everything deliberate, very safe way to go IMO.

New Cellphone:

Embarrassingly old Cellphone:

The P30 is a great gun and is fighting with my long-beloved Sig P228 for being my favorite. For self-defense, the LEM trigger is the best on the market. For those carrying DA/SA (from any manufacturer), the recent event in FL, if nothing else, should have taught that absolutely everything about your carry decisions will be scrutinized if you should ever find yourself in a position like Z. At that time, responsibly carrying some flavor of DAO will be a very wise decision.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    The P30 is a great gun and is fighting with my long-beloved Sig P228 for being my favorite. For self-defense, the LEM trigger is the best on the market. For those carrying DA/SA (from any manufacturer), the recent event in FL, if nothing else, should have taught that absolutely everything about your carry decisions will be scrutinized if you should ever find yourself in a position like Z. At that time, responsibly carrying some flavor of DAO will be a very wise decision.
    are you saying that LEM is better then SA/DA for court room purposes? why? i would think that a DA first shot would be better, in case they tried to say it was an accident/hair trigger. not that it should matter.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    are you saying that LEM is better then SA/DA for court room purposes? why? i would think that a DA first shot would be better, in case they tried to say it was an accident/hair trigger. not that it should matter.
    Any variation of DAO, like LEM, will always be better if one should find themselves in a courtroom and someone is questioning their use of a firearm.

My EDC is a P30 .40s&w, imo it conceals well but I am 6,4 so my frame helps.

The weapon feels great in my hand and I like the adjustable grips. I find that I am accurate with the p30, I used to holster in the crossbreed super tuck but I bought the X5l tact light and laser and bought the Raven holster to accommodate the light, jury is still out on how I adjust to that setup.

Thumbs up

USP compact 9mm

OK, here's my 9mm, with a grip and the Tucker IWB. I like the whole set-up. The holster has been well broken in since the pic.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Any variation of DAO, like LEM, will always be better if one should find themselves in a courtroom and someone is questioning their use of a firearm.
    Care to expound on this? Your statement makes no sense to me.

Oh, and I've also got an older H&K 4. Interchangeable barrels. Cool pistol that I sometimes carry in a shoulder holster.

hk45c and BlueHawk76 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Care to expound on this? Your statement makes no sense to me.
    I'd prefer to let you do your own homework and arrive at your own conclusion. My statement is known as fact in our industry and, frankly, it's just common-sense. There is a segment of the gun population who can't possibly fathom that not being able to pull the trigger as fast as humanly possible might be a good thing. They're typically young and prone to decisions that might not be optimal. You can accept it or find your own answer.
    Jake228 likes this.

I'd prefer to let you do your own homework and arrive at your own conclusion. My statement is known as fact in our industry and, frankly, it's just common-sense. There is a segment of the gun population who can't possibly fathom that not being able to pull the trigger as fast as humanly possible might be a good thing. They're typically young and prone to decisions that might not be optimal. You can accept it or find your own answer.
    Bang! Bang! Bang! You trying to take the youngins fun away :)

"My statement is known fact in our industry?" What industry would that be? Your info says you work with computer systems? I am trying to understand where your train of thought is coming from on DAO being the ideal system for a defensive shoot to alleviate liability, if you are going to drop a statement as factual please back it up with some type of rational or reason for your belief.
    Snub44, IsaiahM33, JD and 1 others like this.

It's a shame that the poll only allows one option! I routinely carry a full sized USP9 but it splits time with my P30S. Both are carried Condition One. I have two USPs, one of them has a Match Trigger. The other has night sights so usually I carry that one (but not always). When either of those options is too large I carry my Beretta Nano.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    Oh, and I've also got an older H&K 4. Interchangeable barrels. Cool pistol that I sometimes carry in a shoulder holster.

That is a slick HK. Looks like .22, .32. .380 and 9mm is that correct? Nice set up.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links