Thinking about getting a Shield!

This is a discussion on Thinking about getting a Shield! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My search for an ideal carry gun has led me to the S&W Shield. I've been switching between my LCP and G27 for the past ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Thinking about getting a Shield!

My search for an ideal carry gun has led me to the S&W Shield. I've been switching between my LCP and G27 for the past year. I've wanted a gun the size of the G27, but slimmer. I had a Walther PPS for a few months, but it never felt right in my hand or at the range.

Have any of you current Shield owners ditched your previous double stack gun for the Shield?

Yes

I still have my other M&P a 45C, which is great, but my Shield 40 is fantastic
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I still have my 40 compact for HD but my EDC is a shield 40. just disappears when I put it on.

I just bought a Shield 9mm, I ran 80 rounds through it and I am pleased so far. I have a G26 and a LCP, LCR and a Sig P938 I like the Shield well enough it will replace my G 26 for IWB carry. I will keep the LCR and LCP for pocket carry, the P938 I am selling just don't like the cocked and locked for pocket carry. I do not plan to use the Shield's safety.

I am a Glock fan so trying the Shield has opened my eyes to the M&P line.

I recently switched from my Glock 19 to a shield, at least during the summers here. It'll conceal real nice with just a plain stripped shirt. I have a theis holster for it that I like, not as much at my crossbreed for my 19, but was able to get it a lot faster

Switched from a G19 to the .40 Shield... Not only does it "carry" better for me but I actually shoot it better.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

I switched from a gen 3 glock 26 to a shield 9, I also have a 19. The shield and 26 were just to similar in purpose for me to keep both and I just liked the shield better.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    If only a gun range would be able to keep them in stock I could actually shoot one before I buy it.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I'm a huge Glock fan also. Just recently sold my Sig P239 and got a nib m&p 9c. Like it alot better for carry due to weight. However I'm still on a waiting list for a shield in 9mm or .40 whatever comes in first. I rented both shields at American Firearms school. I liked both but was better with the 9mm. I thought the .40 was a little snappy, but I could get used to it. Still a great pistol....

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    My EDC switches between a Commander 1911 and a Shield 9mm, so I haven't downsized from double-stack to single, but I definitely like the weight difference in the Summer. It's a great little gun.
    oldskeetshooter likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    I did side-by-sides with the Glock 26, M&P9c and Shield, and went with the M&P9c.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I really like the Shield. I have been carrying/shooting it since I picked it up last month.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Yep, got rid of my G27 and got a 9mm Shield. Never looked back

M&P Shield is the winner for me, though sometimes I wish I could have gone with .40 instead of 9. I also tried G19, SR9c, and M&P9c.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I did side-by-sides with the Glock 26, M&P9c and Shield, and went with the M&P9c.
    Why did you choose the 9c Mike? It's relevant to this thread and I've been waffling on those very three guns as my next purchase.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links