Problem with Springfield XDS sights

This is a discussion on Problem with Springfield XDS sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I have noticed that the edge of my rear sight on my xds is fairly sharp. It's been eating moth holes into my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Diddle

Thread: Problem with Springfield XDS sights

Problem with Springfield XDS sights

Hey guys, I have noticed that the edge of my rear sight on my xds is fairly sharp. It's been eating moth holes into my shirts since I started carrying it. Have any of you noticed this or is it just me. I filed it down last night so I will see if that helps. Also looking at other rear sights go replace the original if anyone has recommendations. Otherwise I love the xds.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I carry IWD, I have two XD's and never had a problem with either rear sights eating my shirts.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    A quick web search revealed some chatter about this very issue. In most cases it is recommended to do a little reshaping of the sight or simply replace it. Have you spoken to Springfield about this? It might be a good idea. Another route might be to change the holster to one that covers more of the rear area. Perhaps one that has a raised "flap" on the body side?

My best,
    CIBMike likes this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the replies, I have not contacted Springfield yet but might on Monday. I did file the rear site and re blue it. Hopefully that fixes the issue. The problem is on the outside not the body side. But I do have a new holster being made as we speak from Soteria leather.

I had Trijicon NS added to my XD9SC and the gunsmith had one heck of a time with it. Had to really work hard to get the NS to fit properly. Once on, they were great!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I had the same issue on my xd40.... i rounded the edes of the rear sight with fine sand paper and an emery board..... took care of the problem quickly and easily

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    I had Trijicon NS added to my XD9SC and the gunsmith had one heck of a time with it. Had to really work hard to get the NS to fit properly. Once on, they were great!
    There must be some real installation issues with replacement sights on Springfield pistols. I had Meprolight sights installed on a XD40 and the tech said he had a tough time getting installed. As I recall it took about an hour for him to do it. He also did a G26 at the same time that only took maybe 5-minutes including test firing.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

No issues with mine...

I've been carrying my XDS-9 frequently since purchasing it about a month ago and haven't had this problem. My cover garment is pretty loose, so maybe that makes a difference.

Links