Competition Styker-Fired 9mm which one and Why.

This is a discussion on Competition Styker-Fired 9mm which one and Why. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking at the three competition 9mm's, the Glock 34 gen4, M&P Pro 5", and the XDM 5.25 9mm. Please some input from those ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Competition Styker-Fired 9mm which one and Why.

Competition Styker-Fired 9mm which one and Why.

I am looking at the three competition 9mm's, the Glock 34 gen4, M&P Pro 5", and the XDM 5.25 9mm.

Please some input from those of who have owned or shot any of these three, and did the gun require modifications to be competitive?

I like my Glock 26 and my Shield so I am familiar with those brands.

2. Remove Ads

I had Hickok45 do this video just for you.........

M&P Pro vs Glock 34 vs XDm 5. 25 - YouTube
    Brad426 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I would try them all out and pick the one I shoot the best. Everyone has different preferences. All are very good hand guns, but your preference will be the deciding factor. If I were to do competitions, I would definately want to shoot all of the guns to see which one was suited for me.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

VIP Member
    G34 Gen 4 or the 5 inch Walther PPQ......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Just for kicks try a cz before you make a decision

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Which pistol? Your choice . Why, same reason. They all work well. But it has to be the one YOU like best and fits your hand.

glock 34- accessories are easy to find, stock trigger is the worst out of the 3. Crappy sights but has the longest barrel out of the three. Most popular competition pistol.
    M&P- nice trigger, fiber optic front sight, many people love the grip angle, shortest barrel out of the 3, made in the USA
    Springfield- awesome trigger, fiber optic front sight, grip safety (but should be a nonissue if you are shooting comp with proper technique),

One thing to think of here is what type of competition you are looking to get into. IDPA does not allow the springfield 5.25 in the SSP class since they do not consider it a true striker fired pistol. In USPSA it is fine for all classes. So depending on what you intend to do you might want to check with your rule book about it and look up what guns are classified where.

I have shot all 3 and own the glock. If I had to go back in time I would go with the springfield. It just feels like a solid gun and not a piece of plastic. With trigger work you get the best trigger hands down and overall felt like the better gun. The glock would come last due to the feel of the grip and how it comes in the box stock...it's really not a competition gun. All they did was increase barrel length and throw in a 3.5lb connector. Only reason I went with glock was for reliability, ease of accessories, and the fact I had a bunch of mags from my g17 so I wouldnt have to spend more on extra magazines. I have some friends that shoot the M&P and springfield and never have had issues so they are all equally reliable in my book.

Rent the guns and shoot them or at least get a feel for them in your hands and what trigger you prefer

edit: it is recommended you change out the sights on the glock, maybe even a little polish on the trigger work. The other two are pretty much ready to go out of the box but you get the extra goodies with the springfield.

Links