Problem with the Glock 19 I bought

Problem with the Glock 19 I bought

This is a discussion on Problem with the Glock 19 I bought within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was the winning bidder for two auctions on Gunbroker.com recently. One for a G26 and one for a G19. The G26 is waiting at ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Problem with the Glock 19 I bought

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,129

    Problem with the Glock 19 I bought

    I was the winning bidder for two auctions on Gunbroker.com recently. One for a G26 and one for a G19. The G26 is waiting at my FFL dealer for me to come and git it. I was waiting for the G19 to show up so I could just do everything for both guns at the same time.

    The seller of the G26 was great. Emails with updates, I called him once to confirm some info and he answered his phone. No problems with him at all. The guy selling the G19 on the other hand is completely different. I won the auction on July 11. I have gotten one email from him and that was in response to me telling him that the money order was waiting for him to pick it up in his PO box after it had sat there for 2 days. He said he was picking it up and that he would ship it and send me the tracking info. No tracking info was sent and no gun has shown up at my FFL dealer. I have sent emails, called the number and texted the other number I have with no responses. Honestly starting to feel like I have been ripped off.

    Other than waiting the 30 days to file a fraud report with Gunbroker and then get back $400 of the $500 I spent for this, what other options do I have? Drive to Lees Summit MO and knock on this guys door? (Yes, I have his home address, I am fairly good that finding that kind of info)

    Any suggestions for getting this guy off his butt and sending me my gun would be appreciated.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)


  2. #2
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,521
    Not other than going through Gunbroker, have you contacted them? If he is a FFL dealer you can threaten to go to the ATF, if it is a private sale then I don't know what options you have other than Gunbroker
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,381
    Did the seller have the G19 at an FFL prior to posting the ad on GB? Or, is it in the seller's hands and, very possibly, this could be a scam?

    Doesn't do you much good, now, if the gun wasn't confirmed at the outset as being at the FFL awaiting completion of the auction.

    If through GB, I believe your basic recourse is through GB. If you know details about the person, you could sue for nonperformance on a contract, but that gets sticky and expensive in time/effort. You do know his address and contact info, so that's a point in your favor, in terms of being able to have further recourse.

    Unknown, if with a M.O. there is any option to "stop payment" as there is with a cashier's check. Isn't, IIRC. Might double-check with the issuing company.


    My condolences, if this turns out to be a fraud. It has only been a week or so, so it might well be what the seller claims at this point. But, as you say, it's not looking good.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  4. #4
    Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    wasilla alaska
    Posts
    1,350
    Might try the BBB to help you with gunbroker ?? good luck.

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,129
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Not other than going through Gunbroker, have you contacted them? If he is a FFL dealer you can threaten to go to the ATF, if it is a private sale then I don't know what options you have other than Gunbroker
    Yes he is an FFL dealer. This is his site.
    AM Firearm Broker
    So I guess I could contact the ATF. I wouldn't do it this early in the process though.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  6. #6
    New Member Array davidp71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    You might be able to put a stop payment on the MO. Other than that contact GB or threaten the guy with the ATF....

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array zonker1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,691
    chances are he is waiting to the money order to clear which is normally a five business day process at minimum. Today, fraudulent money orders and cashiers checks are all too common
    and they no longer are considered instant cash as they were 20 years ago. I would take a deep breath and deal with this next week as its only been 8 days?? If the guy is an FFL, he has
    way too much to lose by jerking you around....for too long anyway.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

  8. #8
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,852
    I feel for you Mike... It sounds like you have a personality a lot like mine; you keep everything wired pretty tight and therefore expect others to respond in kind. Sadly, at least for me, I often find that it just doesn't work that way.

    Here's my take on it; the guy is legit, he's just lazy or laid back to the point where his clock works differently than yours. He's probably avoiding you because you are oil to his water. He's gonna get to it when he's ready and he doesn't need some crazy, over anxious "client" bothering him (I'm not saying you are, I'm saying that's what he's thinking). It's been 8 days since the auction ended; he's probably not used to seeing payments for most auctions in 9 days, much less turning the check around and shipping in that time frame. There's also the possibility that he's just overly cautious and wants to be 100% certain that the MO is legit, so he's waiting for the bank to clear it.

    Personally, if it were me, I'd wait until next Friday before I wasted any energy contacting him. It'll only frustrate you and probably cause him to delay even longer if you try and ride him over it. If he hasn't made good a couple of weeks after the auction closes, then you have some legitimate reason to start thinking about contacting Gunbroker or the ATF, or whomever.

    I hate dealing with folks like that, but I've come to accept it's just as much my personality that causes me frustration as it is theirs, so I always try to distance myself just a little when I do transactions like that because I just expect that most folks will not be as expedient and organized as I like to be for myself.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,784
    I agree with Zonker on this one. I would not be doing anything drastic. If you sent it out on the 11th and as slow as the mail is they might not have gotten it until the 16th and might not have taken the check to the bank until the 17th and the bank usually tells me to wait 2 or 3 days to make sure it clears before I send any product out when I sell things on ebay.
    zonker1986 likes this.

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    I agree with Zonker on this one. I would not be doing anything drastic. If you sent it out on the 11th and as slow as the mail is they might not have gotten it until the 16th and might not have taken the check to the bank until the 17th and the bank usually tells me to wait 2 or 3 days to make sure it clears before I send any product out when I sell things on ebay.
    I sent the Postal Money Order next day mail. I got the confirmation the next morning that it was in his PO box waiting for him to pick it up. It took him days to go pick it up despite the fact that I emailed him and told him his $500 was sitting in his PO box waiting for him to pick it up.



    Well, I found an interesting way to get his attention. I punched his address into Google Earth and then took a screen shot of his house on the street view. I then attached the picture to an email and sent the email to him simply asking if this is where I would need to go to speak to him. I sent the email and he called me 4 minutes after I sent it.

    He claims he is just very busy and that he didn't get my FFL guys info, which is BS and in fact seems to be something he claims regularly when I really dug through his feedback on Gunbroker, and that since my FFL guy faxed it to him, he doesn't use fax anymore, even though his fax number is listed on his supposedly new website, and asked that my FFL guy email his info to him. Which he just did. He says he will ship the gun today and I should have it by Tuesday.

    We'll see.....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just far enough outside Orlando
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I sent the Postal Money Order next day mail. I got the confirmation the next morning that it was in his PO box waiting for him to pick it up. It took him days to go pick it up despite the fact that I emailed him and told him his $500 was sitting in his PO box waiting for him to pick it up.



    Well, I found an interesting way to get his attention. I punched his address into Google Earth and then took a screen shot of his house on the street view. I then attached the picture to an email and sent the email to him simply asking if this is where I would need to go to speak to him. I sent the email and he called me 4 minutes after I sent it.

    He claims he is just very busy and that he didn't get my FFL guys info, which is BS and in fact seems to be something he claims regularly when I really dug through his feedback on Gunbroker, and that since my FFL guy faxed it to him, he doesn't use fax anymore, even though his fax number is listed on his supposedly new website, and asked that my FFL guy email his info to him. Which he just did. He says he will ship the gun today and I should have it by Tuesday.

    We'll see.....
    You sir, win the internet.

  12. #12
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,526
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I feel for you Mike... It sounds like you have a personality a lot like mine; you keep everything wired pretty tight and therefore expect others to respond in kind. Sadly, at least for me, I often find that it just doesn't work that way.

    Here's my take on it; the guy is legit, he's just lazy or laid back to the point where his clock works differently than yours. He's probably avoiding you because you are oil to his water. He's gonna get to it when he's ready and he doesn't need some crazy, over anxious "client" bothering him (I'm not saying you are, I'm saying that's what he's thinking). It's been 8 days since the auction ended; he's probably not used to seeing payments for most auctions in 9 days, much less turning the check around and shipping in that time frame. There's also the possibility that he's just overly cautious and wants to be 100% certain that the MO is legit, so he's waiting for the bank to clear it.

    Personally, if it were me, I'd wait until next Friday before I wasted any energy contacting him. It'll only frustrate you and probably cause him to delay even longer if you try and ride him over it. If he hasn't made good a couple of weeks after the auction closes, then you have some legitimate reason to start thinking about contacting Gunbroker or the ATF, or whomever.

    I hate dealing with folks like that, but I've come to accept it's just as much my personality that causes me frustration as it is theirs, so I always try to distance myself just a little when I do transactions like that because I just expect that most folks will not be as expedient and organized as I like to be for myself.
    This ^^^^^. Be patient. His web site looks good but he's probably a one man show. Maybe two or three employees at the most. His wife may have gone into labor or he may have crashed his bicycle. give it a few more days (like Tex said) and by next Friday start going through gunbroker to get your money back.



    ETA: Or just do what you did. : )
    TX expat likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

  13. #13
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,521
    Nice Move Mike
    TN_Mike and scgunlover1 like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  14. #14
    Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I sent the Postal Money Order next day mail. I got the confirmation the next morning that it was in his PO box waiting for him to pick it up. It took him days to go pick it up despite the fact that I emailed him and told him his $500 was sitting in his PO box waiting for him to pick it up.



    Well, I found an interesting way to get his attention. I punched his address into Google Earth and then took a screen shot of his house on the street view. I then attached the picture to an email and sent the email to him simply asking if this is where I would need to go to speak to him. I sent the email and he called me 4 minutes after I sent it.

    He claims he is just very busy and that he didn't get my FFL guys info, which is BS and in fact seems to be something he claims regularly when I really dug through his feedback on Gunbroker, and that since my FFL guy faxed it to him, he doesn't use fax anymore, even though his fax number is listed on his supposedly new website, and asked that my FFL guy email his info to him. Which he just did. He says he will ship the gun today and I should have it by Tuesday.

    We'll see.....
    It sounds to me like you should have read the feedback for this guy before you purchased the gun from him. Another problem I have is how much money did you save from buying the gun off from gunbroker and then paying the ffl fee instead of buying it directly from the LGS. It helps to support local businesses.
    johnbergsing likes this.

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    It sounds to me like you should have read the feedback for this guy before you purchased the gun from him. Another problem I have is how much money did you save from buying the gun off from gunbroker and then paying the ffl fee instead of buying it directly from the LGS. It helps to support local businesses.
    I did read his feedback, maybe not closely enough though. He has only a few negative feedback reports but they all say pretty much the same thing, exactly what I am going through..

    I would have gladly supported my LGS but none of them had or said they could get a G19. Or a G26 for that matter. Which is why I went to Gunbroker in the first place.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

am firearm broker

,

anyone receive a glock 19 from summit gun brokers recently 2014

,

glock 19

,

glock 19 problems

,

glock 19 problems where do i send it

,

gunbrokerhow to work a glock 19

,

summit gun broker glocks

Click on a term to search for related topics.