First CC Handgun? - Page 3

First CC Handgun?

This is a discussion on First CC Handgun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have you considered the Sig 239? It may a good intermediate....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First CC Handgun?

Have you considered the Sig 239? It may a good intermediate.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    the would pick the XD 9 hands down. Just read a great article about an XD torture test. i think on xdtalk.org??? can someone help with this?
    I am becoming a big fan of the XD.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I know you already excluded them

but these may be additional points you wish to consider in Glock's favor.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...6&postcount=18

Ive looked at all three guns and I settled on the xdsc. I really like that gun. If I remember the xd is also a little cheaper than the others you mentioned. Good luck in your choice.

Sixgun

XD9 is a nice gun. I liked it better than Glock 26 b/c of add'l grip safety. Also, could get a SS version of gun. Springfield has lifetime warranty, too. Just another benefit.

I went with S&W M&P instead, though, because I couldn't find SS XD9 compact or full size and didn't even look for tactical.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

XD No Doubt. Not even close, to be honest.

I agree with the comments so far, but would like to offer a couple more thoughts.

With the XDs, I believe you need to send parts (or the entire gun) to Springfield Armory if repairs are needed. This can sometimes take weeks to get back your pistol. XD parts aren't available outside the company. Same may be true with Kahrs, but not sure. Glock parts, on the other hand, are readily available.

How about the H&K P2000 SK subcompact (to throw another into the mix)? It's a bit pricier, but it's only a bit larger than the baby glock and has HK reliability. As for safety, you can get it with a long trigger pull (dubbed LEM) or with a decocker for a heavier first pull DA/SA.

Good luck! I think they're all great guns.

Most people have seen this...This is just for reference only. Just another additional points why buy one...

This is why I love Glocks. Money well spent...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI
    Proud owner of:
    Glock 17
    Glock 26
    Glock 34
    F.I. Model D
    S&W 642
    ZM LR-300
    Arsenal SLR-105
    Bushmaster M4

My normal carry is an XD9 service. I have the SC for carrying in a bellyband when I need to conceal more deeply. That said, you may be surprised by this answer...

I wish the grip on my SC was as short as a G26. To achieve the 10 round capacity with a shorter grip, the G26 is fatter. I have a friend with very small hands who chose the XD for that reason. Personally, I actually find the recoil of the G26 easier to control than my SC, even without the pinky extension. If I could put an XD trigger in the G26, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I own the XD9SC because I wanted a scaled down version of my normal carry weapon. Same sights, same trigger, able to use my full size magazines. To someone who only wants one gun to carry and has no existing preferences, I would actually recommend the Glock.
    Jeff
    Preparing the way...Straightening the path.

I love the g26. Have one and also have shot it in timed side by side competitions. Even under shooter stress, the thing just seems to find the target and you can carry it all day long and not realize it is there. Easy to operate and easy to clean. I have a tendency to treat tools roughly and the glock has not even complained a little bit.
    The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

smo
    I was seriously considering the Glock 26 when I purchased my XD9SC. I have large hands and short fingers, so the XD fit much nicer in my paws. I also like the fact that it is a little thinner, easier to stick in my IWB holster.

Honestly, the Glock and the XD are in the same class, IMHO. It is really just a matter of personal preference as for comfort of grip, etc. Just try them both and decide for yourself. No one can tell you what gun is the "perfect gun" for you.

I'd definitely go with the XD over the Glock. Don't really know a lot about the other guy. I have the XD 40 SC and I love it. Shoots great and never had a problem. I'm sure glocks are the same, but I don't like the way the glock feels when firing. It's not as smooth as the XD IMO. I actually shot a 26 about a week back and it started to hurt one of my fingers on the recoil. Don't have this problem with the XD. Maybe it was the way I was gripping it, who knows. But I tried to grip it in every way I could and still didn't feel good.

I also like the way the XD's sight alignment fits to the curvature of your hand. As soon as you bring the XD up the sights are ligned up. Not true with a glock.
    Springfield EMP
    XD 40 SC
    Para Slim Hawg
    Rossi .38
    AK-47 Bulgarian SSR 85C 2
    AK-47 Hungarian AMD 63

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear his pants.

ckd
    Maybe I'm crazy, but go rent/borrow and shoot all three before you buy. Go to a range any weekend and I'm pretty sure you could find a few accomodating soles.

Another XD-9 sub compact carrier here. I had a glock fetish for the longest time when I was little. Then I finally had a chance to shoot a few different ones and found that they didn't suit me well at all. Fired the XD, and it was a natural choice.

My buddy has a Kahr .40, and it's a little difficult to manage the recoil. Would be very tough under stress. Like a few others, his had multiple problems, and spent two months at Kahr getting fixed
    Nick
    He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by kairo View Post
    Another XD-9 sub compact carrier here. I had a glock fetish for the longest time when I was little. Then I finally had a chance to shoot a few different ones and found that they didn't suit me well at all. Fired the XD, and it was a natural choice.

My buddy has a Kahr .40, and it's a little difficult to manage the recoil. Would be very tough under stress. Like a few others, his had multiple problems, and spent two months at Kahr getting fixed
    Kairo,

How is the recoil on the hand with the XD-9 sub compact? I am also thinking of buying one.

Ron

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links