Kahr P9 vs. PM9

This is a discussion on Kahr P9 vs. PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems to me that a P9 is a PM9 that is 1/2 inch longer and 1/2 inch higher, with the benefit of one additional ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Altex
  • 1 Post By sliderbk

Thread: Kahr P9 vs. PM9

Kahr P9 vs. PM9

It seems to me that a P9 is a PM9 that is 1/2 inch longer and 1/2 inch higher, with the benefit of one additional round of capacity. Am I missing something?
    Kennydale likes this.

2. Remove Ads

You are correct. That is the only difference.

Depending on how you conceal and carry, the size difference between the P9 and PM9 can be significant.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I agree. It seems that you give up quite a bit going from the PM9 to the P9, with very little benefit. For carry purposes, I would not go with the P9 unless I could shoot it more accurately than the PM9.

Besides the external dimensions, the only other difference is the P9 has a 3.6 inch barrel versus the PM9 at 3 inches. The PM9 could be pocket carried if you have large pockets, where the P9 is unlikely to be pocket carried.
    bigmacque likes this.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    If your going to pocket carry the kahr then you buy the pm series. If your going to iwb it buy the p series. Easy call for me I have the lower cost cm and cw. The extra barrel offers both long sight and barrel plus a longer grip. Unless you live in some para mil look pants all the time the lager P is not a pocket carry option. The larger model is also easier to control at the range and less prone to OWNER brake-in issues. ha

Also easier the rack the slide with the single piece longer recoil spring, oopps I mean pull the slide back for the slide lock. I rack mine like a normal pistol.

Links