New G26 range report! Very happy

This is a discussion on New G26 range report! Very happy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up the new 26 yesterday and early this morning, a friend called and told me that one of the Walmarts had some Winchester whitebox ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New G26 range report! Very happy

New G26 range report! Very happy

Picked up the new 26 yesterday and early this morning, a friend called and told me that one of the Walmarts had some Winchester whitebox 9mm on the shelves when he was there at about 3am after getting off work and he knew I had just picked up the new gun so he snagged me two of them. He's a good guy. He wanted to tag along and run a couple of mags through the gun so of course I said yes.

Went to our local indoor range in the early afternoon and put all 200 rounds through the new 26. All I can say is WOW. This is now officially my new carry gun. Shoots just like I hoped it would. That double recoil spring set up really helps.

As I tend to do with all the Glocks I have owned, I started out shooting a little high but after getting the feel for it I was getting very good groups. Within 2 of the 10 round mags I was hitting right where I wanted to. A very accurate gun to be sure. I have always liked the stock Glock sights. I just find them easy to pick up, the dot outlined by the back sight. I honestly wish someone made a night sight version of the stock Glock sight.

After 200 rounds, of which I shot 130 to 150 myself, my hand felt fine other than my middle finger being rubbed a bit by the trigger guard. The old Glock knuckle thing. I'll probably deal with that with some sandpaper to the point where the trigger guard meets the front of the grip. I did the same with my G23 when I bought it years ago.

All in all, this is a great gun. It carries so easy. I have pretty much lost interest in looking for a single stack 9mm to replace the Kahr now. There's no need for one to be honest. This gun conceals better than the Kahr does anyway because the grip is shorter. And since I don't have any problem with my pinky being under the grip when I shoot, I'm not planning on getting the pinky extensions either so it really conceals like a dream.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Awesome man, The Glock 26 will make you a perfect carry gun.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Awesome! I love my Gen Glock 26

+1 from another Glock 26 carrier. They are phenominal carry guns.

NCG
    I really love my 26. It just seems to sit perfectly in my hand.

Only thing i added to my 26 was the Glock +2 mag extension, looking for sights now.

Sounds like a good time. I love my G27, and have been showing my wife G19's and G26's since she prefers shooting 9mm. Great guns the who lot of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    Only thing i added to my 26 was the Glock +2 mag extension, looking for sights now.
    I used some +2 extensions for a while but then stopped. The stuck out enough where the gun was more noticeable, and during reloads under pressure I tended to get part of my hand stuck between the mag and the receiver. It hurt a little, but worse that that kept the magazine from locking-up. So, I went back to stock. I now have three carry mags that I rotate through, and four G23 mags that I rotate for spares (hold a few more rounds, work great, and still easier to conceal that a full-size G22 mag. So, just FWIW that approach works better for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    I used some +2 extensions for a while but then stopped. The stuck out enough where the gun was more noticeable, and during reloads under pressure I tended to get part of my hand stuck between the mag and the receiver. It hurt a little, but worse that that kept the magazine from locking-up. So, I went back to stock. I now have three carry mags that I rotate through, and four G23 mags that I rotate for spares (hold a few more rounds, work great, and still easier to conceal that a full-size G22 mag. So, just FWIW that approach works better for me personally.

I just installed the +2 Glock extensions, havent even shot with them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    I just installed the +2 Glock extensions, havent even shot with them yet.
    Initially I liked the extra length for my grip, but once I switched them out my focus was more on proper grip with what I had (thumb and three fingers). It didn't take much practice to get that dialed-in.

You may like them a lot, or may have an experience similar to mine. You don't know until you try, so I'm all for that.

Cheers,

cn262
    Christopher67 likes this.

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    Glad to hear that all worked out fine! (you never know with a new gun....especially a Gen4 Glock)

Hope to give mine a workout, any day now......
    GhostMaker likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    You can actually carry the G26 in your shirt pocket, balanced out by two spare mags in the other shirt pocket, without really feeling the weight. I'm not a large individual, either.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    Cool. What's your source for G23 mags? TIA

VIP Member
    Excellent! I love shooting my 26, it's just an allround great gun for CC. I agree on sticking with the standard mag length; make it any longer and you might as well be carrying a 19 and get the benefits of the extra capacity and sight radius. I have the GAP floor plates on mine and they work very well without adding any length to the grip.
    wheelyfun101 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I have carried the G26 in a Remora with small sweat shield for 7 months now and love it. I had no problems firing with with my pinky under the grip as the recoil on the G26 is amazingly manageable. i had +0 pearce grips purchased but have chosen not to use them on the mag that I carry with as it makes the pistol more concealable for me (the grip extensions managed to snag my shirt more than the flat base plate.

I just received a couple of G19 mags finally and once I can get my hands on some X-Grips I will carry one of those as my backup mag.

The G26 is just a great combination of capacity and concealability and it simply excels in accuracy and firing comfort.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links