Smoothing out part of a Glock RTF2 finish

This is a discussion on Smoothing out part of a Glock RTF2 finish within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 23 with the RTF 2 finish, and would like to smooth out, or at least tone down the texture at the ...

Thread: Smoothing out part of a Glock RTF2 finish

I have a Glock 23 with the RTF 2 finish, and would like to smooth out, or at least tone down the texture at the bottom of the grip (non firing hand side) where it rubs pretty good on my side. Anyone have any experience with this?

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    You could use some sand paper to knock the tops of of the rough texture or if your hands are large enough slide a piece a free used inner tube from a bike shop over the grip to give it a smooth but still tacky finish. Add's maybe a shy 1/16th all the way around.

3M Scotchbrite pads (green) work fine & also give the added benefit of leaving the de-fanged finish with a color & texture that very closely matches the GLOCK factory configuration. I've used them for all sorts of GLOCK mods from removal of mold (flash) line inside the trigger guard all the way to a complete rounding of the ugly "Euro Hook" in the front of the trigger guard. The relatively slow rate of material removal makes it REALLY hard to mess up.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I think I'll give the Scotchbrite pads a try, I was worried sandpaper would discolor the finish. Thanks for the tips, will post a photo when I get done.

Rubberized talon grip (or other brand)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Links