Used Ruger LCR 357 >>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Used Ruger LCR 357 >>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking of purchasing one. What is a good fair price for a used Ruger LCR 357 ??? Thank you for any info. God ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By maxwell97
  • 2 Post By Rollo

Thread: Used Ruger LCR 357 >>>>>>>

Thumbs up Used Ruger LCR 357 >>>>>>>

I am thinking of purchasing one. What is a good fair price for a used Ruger LCR 357 ??? Thank you for any info. God Bless

2. Remove Ads

I've seen em used for 350-375. Super gun, too. .357 will shake your soul, but .38's are a blast. Very light and "stageable" trigger, too, which makes this snubbie surprisingly accurate.

Its a great gun but can be a handful with .357 loads. Used in excellent condition, I too think $350-$375 is a fair price. A base LCR can be had in the $400-$420 range NIB.
    GhostMaker likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    $400 would be tops.

The KLCRs are not fun with Magnum ammo but do allow a choice if you can only find .357.

Having a few more ounces really tames 38+P, but makes the gun heavier to carry.

I'll live with 38+P in my .357 until Ruger offers us a 9mm version.

That will be super light to carry.

Best of luck with your LCR purchase.. as they are wonderful in any caliber.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Agreed on $400, that's what I paid for mine used. And I don't think it was actually "used," my guess is it was sold as such due to very minor cosmetic damage to a new gun. The extra weight in .357 is a mixed blessing, but I have no problem pocket-carrying now that I have boot grips and a good holster. It's nice to know that, being beefed up for .357, it will hold up to as much .38 +P as I care to put through it.

The trigger is a wonder. Smooth as can be, and if you need to make a precise shot, it can be staged to a very clean break - better, IMHO, than cocking for single-action on a S&W J-frame, at least out of the box.
    Taurahe likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Thanks everyone for your replies !!! God Bless

I am a big fan of LCR's. They are on the "Rollo Proof" list. Personally I would probably go with the .38 version though. While the idea of the ballistics of the .357 in the small gun sounds nice, I have always had a issus putting multiple rounds accurately on target with small guns with a hot cartridge. Since you only have 5 rounds before you have to perform a fine motor skill intensive reload I personally need to make every one of those rounds count as much as possible.
    Taurahe and 10thmtn like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I have a Ruger KLCR, and love it. Installed a XS Big Dot, and it helped accuracy a lot, especially point shooting. The accuracy is great anyway, even at longer distances. Actually, I shot 20 rounds of different ammo yesterday, just testing recoil, accuracy etc.. Three of the four sets of 5 rds were .38spl+P, all from 15ft. Very tolerable recoil, and accuracy was great with all of them, especially the Winchester DPX 130gr and Corbon DPX 110gr. The Critical Defence 110gr shot a tad low (just an inch or two). Then for fun, I shot 5 rds of Winchester WB .357Mag 110gr., and Lo and behold, the recoil was minimally more than the others.i guess the lighter load leads to less recoil. Also, from tests on the Internet, the WWB 110gr performs very well. I think I found my new carry load. Now,, to the price point, sorry, I bought mine NIB for $425, so a good resale value on a lightly used KLCR shouldn't run over $350. Take care and good luck.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoc View Post
    I have a Ruger KLCR, and love it. Installed a XS Big Dot, and it helped accuracy a lot, especially point shooting. The accuracy is great anyway, even at longer distances. Actually, I shot 20 rounds of different ammo yesterday, just testing recoil, accuracy etc.. Three of the four sets of 5 rds were .38spl+P, all from 15ft. Very tolerable recoil, and accuracy was great with all of them, especially the Winchester DPX 130gr and Corbon DPX 110gr. The Critical Defence 110gr shot a tad low (just an inch or two). Then for fun, I shot 5 rds of Winchester WB .357Mag 110gr., and Lo and behold, the recoil was minimally more than the others.i guess the lighter load leads to less recoil. Also, from tests on the Internet, the WWB 110gr performs very well. I think I found my new carry load. Now,, to the price point, sorry, I bought mine NIB for $425, so a good resale value on a lightly used KLCR shouldn't run over $350. Take care and good luck.
    Good test! Really, .357 in this gun isn't THAT bad for the average-sized guy. Not like some of the 11-oz .357 J-frames. I still carry with .38 +P though, mostly to avoid being completely blinded by muzzle flash if I have to shoot in the dark, or permanently deafened if I have to shoot from inside a car.

IMHO, Ruger should definitely come out with a 3" - or even 4" - barreled .357 LCR. My hand would go to my wallet by reflex action the instant I saw one.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I lost count how many rounds I put through my LCR357. At least 3000. Some 357 ammo is too much. But, not all 357 is that wild to shoot. I had about 5000 rounds loaded that felt more like Corbon 125 JHP 357. Fun to shoot a Hundred rounds. 38 and 38+P are a breez. I pocket carry most of the time as back up to a heavier 357 IWB. If I need lighter carry, I put the LCR IWB and pocket my 442. Whith all the choices for Ammo it is easy to pick something for a Carry Round. If the Artharitis is acting up there is several 38 and 38+P options. When all is well and depending how you handle Recoil 357 has Wild to Mild loads. I carry 125g. Corbon 357 in mine. The weight of the 357 LCR makes pocket carry in all the Pants and Shorts that I wear, comfortable. I never shot the 38 LCR. It is a few ounces lighter and I would think recoil would be a little more.

Distinguished Member
    Good info here. A new LCR 357 for $425 or less is a good buy where I'm from. Finding a used one at a decent price is not common locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoc View Post
    OK this is the 2nd time I have seen someone say they installed a big dot on an LCR, do you mean a standard dot, because I can't find a big dot for LCR?

I put the Standard Dot on mine. I think it is the only One listed for the LCR. It's a good size.

Links