Glock 17 gen 4 anyone carrying it !?!

This is a discussion on Glock 17 gen 4 anyone carrying it !?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to get a glock 17 gen 4. Anyone have aNy thoughts, comments, experience with the gun? Thanks!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 17 gen 4 anyone carrying it !?!

Looking to get a glock 17 gen 4. Anyone have aNy thoughts, comments, experience with the gun? Thanks!

I used to have a Glock 19, and currently have a Glock 22. Wish I would have kept the G19, but would love to swap out my G22 for a 17. Seems like the 9mm Glock platform and the full size grip/barrel would let it be the perfect service pistol... And obviously a perfect carry gun when you can conceal a full size gun.

The g17 4 gen is a quality weapon, that said I bought CZ 75 P01 an was so impressed with it I sold the glock. The CZ shot way better out of the box. Its my favorite gun now.

Excellent gun, although I do prefer the G19/23 sized weapons. I carry a G23 in a variety of AIWB rigs. How and in what are you planning on concealing the G17?

I carry that gun. So far it is my only carry gun (and only centerfire handgun period). I really like it a lot...highly recommend it. Approx. 870 rounds so far. Malfunctions were from a friend who was limp wristing the gun, and my own fault when I first got the gun...my strong/firing hand thumb hitting the slide stop. Since then, not one malfunction. Weak hand one hand, 'loose' grip firing and with cheap Federal, WWB, TulAmmo, and American Eagle ammo...no malfunctions.

As for carrying/concealing it, this is the holster I use:My Ohio Special IWB

Thanks for the input guys I'm hitting the stores saturday to see what I can find. I'm thinkin about a Mtac Or ctac. Not sure about what belt..

My EDC is my G17 RTF2--though it's not Gen4 it does have a more aggressively textured frame and doesn't bother me one bit! Comfy at the 2:45-3:00 position in my Galco Summer Comfort IWB with a sturdy belt. Hope you find a good deal on one!

I have had my eye on a Glock17 Gen4 in OD Green at my lgs. It prolly isn't even there anymore though. I am sure someone has grabbed it.

Thanks guys. I currently have a M&P 40c that I carry in a crossbreed supertuck. However after putting an apex trigger and night sights on the gun I still hate it and am looking to get ride of it. I had a g19 that was stippled that I sold ��loved that gun. Anyone know anything about the comptac line of holsters?

The 17's really hard to beat as a gun. I carry it or the G22 (they use the same holsters) and sometimes a G21SF when I can wear a loose fitting open shirt. I do have a Blade-tech IWB, but find a Blackhawk kydex hides just about as well and is more comfortable. I love the guns, but remember, they're duty-sized weapons. You can conceal, but it takes some doin'.

Carried a g26 for a while, but then got a nice quality gun belt. Have been carrying my g17 ever since. I am a big guy and conceal a full size pretty well, having 18 rounds of 147 grain rangers on me is a great feeling. In a galco king tuck BTW

Never had a 17, but have carried a 22 and a 31. Same as a 17, but 40 and 357 SIG, respectively.

They aren't small guns. IWB can have the long slide push out on your britches under your back pocket. That's a long grip to hide, too. I prefer my 19.

But hey, if it's what you want, make it happen. Bigger guns are concealable. You just have to pay attention.

Nobody who knows anything here will tell you it's a poor choice. It'll run, and run well. So far as I could tell, the only drawback with carrying a duty sized Glock is that they are a wee bit trickier to keep hidden. That long grip will poke out your shirt, and you'll feel the slide when you drive.

But if you want the gun, get it. You'll find a way to make it work.
    wheelyfun101 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Bought a Gen 4 Glock 17 the day after Christmas and have been very pleased. Very accurate and easy to shoot. My 14 year old son is pretty impressive with it out to 30 yards.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    I love the G17 Gen 4, it's a touch big to carry but a great duty or range gun.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Since I don't carry full size guns I went with the G17L, which is an absolute hoot at the range.

Other than being a little harder to conceal, great choice.

Of course this will lead to a purchase of the 19 and 26, which is not a bad thing....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links