sig p250 compact??

This is a discussion on sig p250 compact?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking about a sig p250 compact.. what's your thoughts and opinions? They seem to be a little lower priced than other sigs.. is there a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By buckshotshorty
  • 1 Post By pat701

Thread: sig p250 compact??

sig p250 compact??

Thinking about a sig p250 compact.. what's your thoughts and opinions? They seem to be a little lower priced than other sigs.. is there a reason for this? Any info or experiences would be helpful

2. Remove Ads

Love mine. Smooth DAO trigger, accurate & reliable. Able to switch calibers and gun size. What's not to like? They get an undeserved bad reputation because of the 1st gen models which were plagued with issues. I've heard of no such problems with the 2nd gen guns. I say buy it!

Sig Sauer P250C 9mm w/SigLite night sights:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374868293.616749.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374868315.183183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I haven't held it. Is the size closer to g26 or g17??

G19...they're in the same category of compact.

Try the trigger first. After many years of shooting DA revolvers, it suits me fine. I have two and neither ever jammed. I can shoot them as fast as I can hit target....but some folks don't like the long/light/smooth DA trigger. Both of mine are the newer second generation version.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    If I ever get another semi auto I'd want one of those for a few reasons. One is how if you want you can buy other frames for other sizes and calibers with the same innerds. Another is how it's a true DAO with no springs being compressed wating for the trigger pull - more like a revolver when used in double action. As far as I know when it's just sitting sitting sitting, not used - the Mag's the only spring being compressed, not remotely "cocked" like many of today's semi's are when a round is chambered.
    For God, Family and Country!

I own and carry several Sig 250s. That kind of sums up how I feel about them.
    No unnecessary controls
    Lightweight
    Thousands of rounds fired through them 100 % flawless
    Ability to change caliber, size etc. without effecting reliability
    Second strike capability
    Accurate & pleasant to shoot

I like the subcompact best, and usually carry the 40SC.

One thing I do recommend is that you rent and fire one. I'm an old time revolver competition shooter, so to me it's the best double action I have ever shot, but some people don't like the gun because of the trigger. It's not for every one.
    ArmyCop likes this.

+1^

Sigs arecgreat weapons but do yourself a favor just try a CZ before you buy

Sig P250 has one sweet, smooth, DAO trigger. If you stage the trigger when you fire the P250 you will done fine. Don't be afraid to buy one it's a Sig.
    ArmyCop likes this.

Had one for a while, 100% reliability and very accurate if you can master the double action pull. Very affordable unlike their higher end models (226 and such.) The "modularity" was impressive til I learned you can do basically the same thing with Glocks, just new frames are considered "new guns."

I am curious is the Sig 250 just come in one caliber and configuration, or is it easily converted into its many diffrent sizes and configs ?

I think the SC or subcompact is closer the the G26 and the C or compact is closer to the G19. I looked at the SC before I bought my G26. I liked the feel of it but I was undecided on if I wanted a DOA trigger. I do fairly well on the range with a DOA but i decided to go with Glock. I do think the 250 is great gun and if you like it and like the price and like the DAO then go for it you wont be disappointed. If you slowly start getting kits for different calibers then when the world all goes to crap you will options for whatever size rounds you can find.

You might consider a 2SUM package of the same gun that comes with an SC frame and a full size frame. That was you can have a carry gun and a full size training gun all in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I am curious is the Sig 250 just come in one caliber and configuration, or is it easily converted into its many diffrent sizes and configs ?
    The 250s generally come as an individual gun in a single caliber, or as a twosome which comes as a full size complete gun and a subcompact X-change kit; both in the same caliber. The X-change kit consists of a frame, complete slide, and one mag. It's missing the FCU (firearm control unit) which has the trigger and serial # which actually is the gun according to BATF. YOU remove the FCU and place it in to any X-change kit to make a new gun, any caliber or size.
    250s are available in 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP , and I think they still make it in 357 Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by D_FIN View Post
    I think the SC or subcompact is closer the the G26 and the C or compact is closer to the G19. I looked at the SC before I bought my G26.
    My buddy has a SC P250. IMO it's no where near the size of my 26. The grip is comparable, but the slide seems to be a bit larger than my 23, and the bore axis is really high. Kind of looks like a stapler with a 2 inch mini grip. He loves it, though. In fairness, I haven't shot it yet. Just giving a size comparison.

-----
    Please excuse any typos - sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk.

Stand up for your rights, people! Wake up!

Links