Pulse vs Constent On Laser?

This is a discussion on Pulse vs Constent On Laser? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I noticed that some laser sights give an option of pulse or constent on laser. I'm thinking about getting a laser sight and was curious ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tokerblue

Thread: Pulse vs Constent On Laser?

I noticed that some laser sights give an option of pulse or constent on laser. I'm thinking about getting a laser sight and was curious as to the pro's / con's of each.

Thanks
    firstshot

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have not seen any of those, but in a dark light environment where a laser is most helpful the pulsing would seem to be detrimental. FYI I am a big proponent of lasers and have CTC on my 1911 and a rail mounted TLR2 on my FNP.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

One school of thought is that pulsing naturally captures your attention.

Personally, I don't use lasers
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I'm not really sure about the "why" but as to the "what" I might give you some info. I purchased a used Ruger LCP that had a LaserLyte laser already attached. I thought the small pistol would be a good one for the grandudes to shoot. While zeroing the laser, I started to really like the little "toy" pistol! But I found the pulsating laser distracting.

So while looking online at the info that woulda come with the laser if bought new, I noticed that you could turn the pulse to a steady beam. Which I did and like it a whole lot better.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

IMO, activation method on a laser is more important than pulse/constant. If you're going to buy a laser, I think it's tough to find a better one than Crimson Trace, simply because the activation is instinctual.
    10thmtn likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Lasermax used a pulsing laser for their internal guide rod lasers, because the tiny batteries could not supply constant high power levels. Hence the pulsing. Their marketing people turned this into a "feature."
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Sponsored Links