Finally found one!!!

Finally found one!!!

This is a discussion on Finally found one!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Springfield XDS 45acp XDS2.jpg XDS1.jpg I have been calling the store daily for over a month. The shop owner does NOT special order for people ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Finally found one!!!

Finally found one!!!

Springfield XDS 45acp

XDS2.jpg

XDS1.jpg

I have been calling the store daily for over a month. The shop owner does NOT special order for people or hold based on a deposit. I called yesterday at 4pm and he did not have one in. He told me that 5 minutes after we hung up yesterday it walked in the door on the latest delivery truck he ever has had. He set it aside for me since I have been checking so frequently. After tax I was under $550 out the door.

When statehood quarters came out I started collecting and all the ones I had duplicates of went into quarter rolls. Below you will see what $550 in rolled quarters looks like. To the left you will see the $40 in quarters to buy the new body for the Minotaur M-TAC backing I have that was an extra... Obama has his use for "change" I have mine...

Change.jpg

Pics... IT happened...
    Range Report probably this weekend...
    OD*, WHEC724, Drgnfly and 7 others like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Enjoy I had the chance to put 200 rounds down range with one . I was impressed with it.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I'm highly impressed with the quarter collection. That's real dedication.

Congrats on a fine purchase my friend.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member
    I love saving my spare change . Every couple years it goes to buy something or use it for vacation . Nice gun congrats
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Congrats.I bought a xds45 a little while back.It was my 1st one i bought,and i love it so far.I've run a little over 400 rds thru it..So far so good.Mine was 549.00,plus tax,ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    I'm highly impressed with the quarter collection. That's real dedication.

Congrats on a fine purchase my friend.
    Tossed em in rolls, tossed the rolls in a drawer... counted one day and went "HOLY MAC!!!!! I CAN BUY A GUN WITH THIS!!!"

The quarters go to the bank tomorrow & when the mastercard bill comes I will make a payment with those funds...

I have two almost complete sets of statehood quarters now... only missing a few from each... Didnt realize mom was collecting a set at the same time i was so I ended up making two sets in Whittman Folders...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Congrats on the new gun. I handled an XDs 9 last week when I bought my Shield. Definitely a nice looking gun!

Outstanding pistol. You definitely earned it....one quarter at a time.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Well it looks like it was either that or spend every day at the arcade for the next 3 years. Good choice!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun. I don't envy you having to lug all those quarters to the bank though!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That is the kind of change we can hope for.
    Brent95, Sister, 357and40 and 1 others like this.

He hoped for change... I made change a reality.
    Sister and sanfordreed like this.
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member
    Great gun, congratulations!
    357and40 likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

I ran 200 rounds down range. 150 federal ball ammo 230 gr, 25 federal hst 230 gr +P, 25 Ranger t-series bonded 230 gr.

Not a single hiccup, not a single issue.

The recoil was VERY manageable, but after 200 rounds my hand is sore to say the least. The +p rounds definitely generated more recoil and they were the last 25 I shot so I was already hurtin a bit.

I was able to keep every round on the paper 8.5x11 sheets, most shots grouped decently. It was nice seeing the targets shredded as many shots were close enough to tear a decent hole in the sheets. I am by no means the guy that can thread a needle with a 3.3" 45 at 10 yards, but at 7 yards I was doing better than I expected with a new weapon.

I am definitely very happy with the new Springer. Now to get a Hogue Sleeve. That Springfield checkering is a little rough after the first 50 shots.
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Very nice. Glad you enjoyed it.

You left out the word 'flawless', though.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links