Ameriglo sights for M&P

This is a discussion on Ameriglo sights for M&P within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a full size 9 and a compact 9, both of which need sight upgrades. I've run Trijicon HDs in the past, and like ...

Thread: Ameriglo sights for M&P

Ameriglo sights for M&P

I have a full size 9 and a compact 9, both of which need sight upgrades. I've run Trijicon HDs in the past, and like them, but a buck fifty is getting up there for sights.

Have been looking at Ameriglo ProGlo I dots. They look identical to the HDs, and I know Ameriglo runs Trijicon vials. They are two dot instead of three, but since the rear sights on either are blacked out, I can't see how that would make any difference. The guys that run Big Dots don't seem to have any problems.

HDs aren't easy to find these days, but the Ameriglos are. Ameriglos are 60 bucks cheaper, too.

Anybody run these? What do you think?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I put some ameriglo pro operators on my 26 a few weeks back and I'm very pleased so far. Sorry I can't offer you anything on the specific model you are looking at but this is my first set of ameriglos, so it's the only opinion I can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I can't speak to that specific model, but I will say that Ameriglos are the best quality sight I've used. That includes Trijicon, Meprolight, and Truglo. The machining is great. By far the best buy as far as night sights go.
    NRA Life Member

Yes, I've put Ameriglos on a Sheild and just last week on an M&P 45c I purchased. Both are 3 dot with the front sight orange for daytime.
    I think they're superb and as you wrote the inserts are made by trijicon. I notice on the Ameriglo website they don't list the complete sets with the front sight orange. If you call them they'll find what your looking for. I got the ones for the 45c in two days, great service.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

I just put ameriglo's idot on my shield I started review/show off thread.
    Shield Night Sights
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

+1 on ameriglo sights, I got the idot pros on my glock and love them. I use the yellow outline fronts and wow what a difference on how quick it is on picking up the front sight. I will never go anywhere else for my sights.

Links