There must be something in the water

This is a discussion on There must be something in the water within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I bought my first handgun (ruger lcp) earlier this year, I was only interested in light caliber subcompact pistols; I traded the LCP for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: There must be something in the water

There must be something in the water

When I bought my first handgun (ruger lcp) earlier this year, I was only interested in light caliber subcompact pistols; I traded the LCP for a Beretta Nano a month after I bought it; and Last month I bought a Glock 19, and it has become my primary carry gun. And now I'm admiring .45 caliber 1911's; I think I may have caught the bug.

2. Remove Ads

It will run its course but in my case that has been the course of my lifetime.
    OD*, Diddle, StormRhydr and 1 others like this.

Yep you are done. Welcome to the addiction. Can't wait to see your holster collection at the end of the year too.

Quote Originally Posted by missymay View Post
    When I bought my first handgun (ruger lcp) earlier this year, I was only interested in light caliber subcompact pistols; I traded the LCP for a Beretta Nano a month after I bought it; and Last month I bought a Glock 19, and it has become my primary carry gun. And now I'm admiring .45 caliber 1911's; I think I may have caught the bug.
    The only cure I have found is buying another gun. Unfortunately the symptoms seem to return rather quickly lol

Quote Originally Posted by jscottjr View Post
    The only cure I have found is buying another gun. Unfortunately the symptoms seem to return rather quickly lol
    Ditto! would be an understatement!!!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Funny... You buy a firearm and caress it for weeks. Yep! I am done buying for a while. This is my favorite and I'll keep it. Thirty days later you find yourself back at the gun store... Looking for some little special something.
    Aceoky and OD* like this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

If you want a 1911, thats your business, but I sure wouldnt get rid of that G 19.

VIP Member
    Just to warn you; once you buy your first 1911, it's GAME OVER from there and you can kiss any chance of a cure goodbye.
    OD* likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Fickle, fickle people, all of us!
    OD* likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

We all do it. Finally the last couple of years got rid of all safe queens to my sons. I keep only guns I can cc or nightstand duty. Only exception is MK111 its just to much fun to shoot.
    Oldpsufan likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    YES SIR> You have stepped into a bottomless lake, you will be swimming forever. SORRY

I'm glad I got into this late in life. My rationale is I have a house gun, a CC gun, a plinker, and a retired .44mag., so at this age I'll just enjoy what I have and not try to outdo myself with guns = ammo first.

VIP Member
    Don't worry. One day you'll wake up and realize you have more guns than there are days in the month. You'll have 2 extra dressers to hold all the holsters that you never use, and probably no longer have a gun for. You'll find ammo in calibers you no longer own. On that day you'll stand in front of the mirror and scream out: "ENOUGH!!! I'm done buying guns and gear!!"

Of course to celebrate your decision you'll go to the nearest gun store and by a new gun. But that's the nature of the beast.
    OD*, GH, oneshot and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GH
    You have to blame it on the water. The full moon is now a week or so past us. The protective coating they put on guns gets in your bloodstream giving you a craving for more guns with a fresh coating.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I agree with everyone else re having lots of guns. Man they add up fast.

During the latest gun shortage, I sold some of mine. I had one revolver that I had kept in my desk drawer for over a decade. It was a good gun, but I never really liked it that much, and was too darn big for CC. I switched over to 9mm for CC pistols, so am getting rid of two .40 cals I have, now.

All my life I have heard that guns were a good store of money. Ie they retained value. It seems to be true for all types of guns, with the exception of some shotguns. Because of changes in chamber size, and chokes, it would seem.

So anyway, if you end up with lots of guns, they might not be a bad form of savings, or investment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links