Beretta Pico .380

This is a discussion on Beretta Pico .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Interesting little "bug" gun. Has anyone handled one (not sure if they are out yet). Sure better sites than my LCP. Interesting....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beretta Pico .380

Beretta Pico .380

Interesting little "bug" gun. Has anyone handled one (not sure if they are out yet). Sure better sites than my LCP. Interesting.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Something about it strikes me as looking a little odd. Perhaps the form factor or maybe its the trigger. But you are correct the sights are far, far better than the LCP.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Are they already out?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk 2

They are not out yet, but supposedly will ship in August.

They are cool to handle and admire, but just don't take um out on the street for defense. You know what the experts say; any firearm that isn't powered above the nine mm will just bounce off the bad guys forehead and ricochets around possibly putting someone's eye out.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Very small and unique mag release (flip it down), and also looks to be bigger than a LCP or Kahr .380.

I have a "BACK ALLEY" rule.

Any gun that I would have to fiddle around with to eject the mag or shells from the cylinder
    in a dark alley in the middle of the night with or without bullets cracking around me is a
    No GO in my book.

That mans cool guns like the PPS and H&Ks with the paddle release (At least they got smart about the PPQ)
    and others that would be different from the Browning style release or S&W/Ruger revolvers.

The reasoning that in the old days when Eugene PD and others around the nation dumped their .357s and went to the
    P220s with the European mag release.

I carried my Combat Commander until I could save up for the then new P226.

Far smaller caliber without any real data behind the 9mm for police service, but
    it had the vital Browning mag release that I knew would be worth it.

I also picked up a early CZ75 a year later or so and made sure that it had the eject button in the
    right place, it being a European gun and all.

I'd say that about any gun that's not even as euro cool as the PICO.

An A for effort..up until the small and seemingly hard to operate (esp. under stress) tiny mag release.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    They are cool to handle and admire, but just don't take um out on the street for defense. You know what the experts say; any firearm that isn't powered above the nine mm will just bounce off the bad guys forehead and ricochets around possibly putting someone's eye out.
    The key word being possibly, as anything short of a 9mm may not even have enough force to penetrate the eye..... sarcasm off

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    The new Combat Handguns shows the PICO and NANO on the cover.

Mag release looks bigger than in the videos.

I'll not rule the PICO out as bad (does Beretta make a bad gun) but will have to check out
    one in person to see if the mag button is acceptable for my wife to use.

If she has no problem dumoing a mag into her hand, then I should be able to figure it out.

I don't know if the PICO will be as thin as my new LCP that I bought for pocket carry.

Yes, there are Micro 9mm one the market now, but none are 9.5 ounces or even 11 oz
    and as thin as a LCP.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing a member post his/her new PICO.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I commented on this above and after receiving the most recent copy of Handguns I see what struck me. It is the trigger. It looks like a trigger I had on a toy pistol when I was a kid. I am sure there is absolutely nothing wrong with it but in my eye it looks cheap. (The trigger that is.) The available overcoats might be a nice feature for the snazzy dresser though...
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Is this still supposedly being released soon (clearly didn't make an August release)?

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Interesting little "bug" gun. Has anyone handled one (not sure if they are out yet). Sure better sites than my LCP. Interesting.

I am new to Beretta but not new to guns the PICO is brand new so not too many have even seen one
    but I will say this about the Beretta's guns.They are way over built and under priced when compared to some other
    bigger names...I Own a Nano and a PX Storm and they are outstanding ,if you can get past the odd designs and shapes

Compared to the LCP or Keltec the beretta will be way thicker where it counts and
    10x more durable

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare6m View Post
    Is this still supposedly being released soon (clearly didn't make an August release)?
    Beretta is now saying it will be out in the 4th qtr of the year. So anytime before Jan 1st is open.

Hey Sonnycrocket,

I'm new to the forum and CCW but am considering a PX4 Storm sub for EDC......is that what you have and if so do you EDC it? Just looking for feedback as I evaluate possible options. Sorry OP, don't mean to hijack your thread.
    Kennydale likes this.

The pico looks interesting. From the disassembled photo of the pistol in guns and ammo I do not see a hammer spring. Does the pistol use a clock type hammer spring like the old Grendel p10 p12 design? Not sure if this is a good or bad design.

10lb trigger pull...
    And both Handguns and Combat Handguns magazine say the mag release lever can't even be operated with just your thumb.
    They also described the recoil as quite snappy, which seems about right with its super high bore axis and itty bitty grip.
    I had such high hopes for the Pico, but got tired of waiting and after reading the reviews, I bought a P238.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links