Kahr customer service

Kahr customer service

This is a discussion on Kahr customer service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all This is my first post and I apologize if it is in the wrong forum. I was just wondering if anyone else has ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By Eagleks

Thread: Kahr customer service

Kahr customer service

Hi all

This is my first post and I apologize if it is in the wrong forum. I was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with Kahr customer service. I have been trying to ship my PM9 back for service, but the customer service team cant seem to get me the shipping label. The front night sight is dead, so it is not a big deal, but I have been hung up on twice, accidentally I am told. Their customer service is only open from 8am to 4:30pm EST, which I think is kind of bad as well. I don't mean to rip on the company, I really like the gun, and like I say, there isn't really a big issue, just the front sight. At this point I have been trying for a week, I have left 3 messages, and I am trying to get a supervisor to call me back, but they won't. The frustration is getting to the point where I might just spend the $32 on the front sight and install it myself. I hate to do it, since the gun is only 2 months old, but it might just save me being without my gun for 3 weeks. Just my two cents, and wondering if this is an isolated issue.

When I called Kahr I never left messages I always tried to get a rep on the phone, I admit I had to try calling a few times and then wait on the phone a bit but eventually I got someone. Once I got to speak with a rep they were helpful. I no longer own any Kahr products but the last time I called ( about 1 year ago ) I spoke with Ian, I believe this is his direct line ( 508 ) 635-1435, hopefully he is still there or maybe another rep may have that number. I Hope this helps.

Worst weapon I ever owned as a kahr pm40 that I bought new. Traded it for a good kayak.

I got the better end of that deal.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Thanks for your replies. Yes, it is Ian I have talked to every time (6 times in total). I am beginning to wonder if they only have the one customer service rep.

I thought Kahr was very hit and miss. They never returned any messages left. When I did get them, it wasn't much help. I was not impressed at all with their customer service. I had to get "determined" and eventually escalated to a Director level, before squat happened. IT was an obvious and key manufacturing flaw/failure. Good luck. After all of that, I won't own another Kahr.
    gun_bushido likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Thanks Eagleks. How did you escalate? I have tried, but all I can really do is leave a message, and Ian (the customer service rep) doesn't seem to want to let me talk to his supervisor? Is there another way to escalate, and email address perhaps? Thanks for sharing your opinion. I am quickly losing my faith in Kahr.

you get your stuff done on-line here per the Kahr website:

https://www.kahr.com/kahr-rma.asp

Q. What is the procedure for returning my firearm for service or repair?

A. KAHR ARMS DOES NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS OR DEALERS TO BRING FIREARMS TO OUR FACTORY FOR REPAIR. GUNS FOR REPAIR MUST BE SENT TO THE FACTORY ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION OUTLINED BELOW.

Kahr pistols returned to the factory for service or repair should be sent to:

K.A.I.
    130 Goddard Memorial Drive
    Worcester, MA 01603
    Attn: Service Dept.

Confirm the firearm is unloaded before shipping.

Contact Kahr Arms Technical Support Department to receive a Return Authorization number before shipping a firearm to the factory. You can do this by online (RA request form) or by calling 508-795-3919. Ship handguns prepaid via UPS or Fed Ex overnight. Federal law prohibits anyone without a Federal Firearms License from shipping a handgun by mail. Please check for any additional state or local regulations. With your return, enclose a letter that references your Return Authorization number and includes: name; address; phone number; and firearm model and serial number. The letter should describe, in detail, the problem being experienced or work to be done.
    >>Back to top
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    you get your stuff done on-line here per the Kahr website:

https://www.kahr.com/kahr-rma.asp

Q. What is the procedure for returning my firearm for service or repair?

A. KAHR ARMS DOES NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS OR DEALERS TO BRING FIREARMS TO OUR FACTORY FOR REPAIR. GUNS FOR REPAIR MUST BE SENT TO THE FACTORY ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION OUTLINED BELOW.

Kahr pistols returned to the factory for service or repair should be sent to:

K.A.I.
    130 Goddard Memorial Drive
    Worcester, MA 01603
    Attn: Service Dept.

Confirm the firearm is unloaded before shipping.

Contact Kahr Arms Technical Support Department to receive a Return Authorization number before shipping a firearm to the factory. You can do this by online (RA request form) or by calling 508-795-3919. Ship handguns prepaid via UPS or Fed Ex overnight. Federal law prohibits anyone without a Federal Firearms License from shipping a handgun by mail. Please check for any additional state or local regulations. With your return, enclose a letter that references your Return Authorization number and includes: name; address; phone number; and firearm model and serial number. The letter should describe, in detail, the problem being experienced or work to be done.
    >>Back to top

I emailed Kahr when I had a problem with my CM9 they emailed me back with a mailing label and instructions. Got it back in 8 days fixed. Be patient and polite they will fix. It.

Thanks Buckshotshorty. I just sent them an email. I agree, you will get further with honey than vinegar, I don't think you should have to beg and plead for a week to get service. As someone who has worked in call centers for many years, the burden of patience and politeness lay mostly on the company, not the customer. One should not have to flatter to get the service they have paid hard earned money for. Although nobody likes a jerk, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Worst weapon I ever owned as a kahr pm40 that I bought new. Traded it for a good kayak.

I got the better end of that deal.
    Yep, but that kayak is hard to carry concealed!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I've had to call Kahr twice; once for a boneheaded mistake I made with teardown and reassembling a CW9, the other just recently when a mag follower broke. The first time, maybe 2 years ago, I left a voice message and was called back the next day by Ian with the guidance I needed. An with the recent problem, it took a few tries to get through to a CS person, but they replaced the follower gratis and I had it within a few days. So far they aren't disappointing me in the least.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

If you don't get an answer from the main customer service email address, email Jay at jay.dandrea@kahr.com. I have worked with him on a service issue and emailed him about 6 times with random questions. He always answers quickly and has been great! Let us know how it goes. I own a few Kahrs and they have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by CCIE33560 View Post
    Hi all

This is my first post and I apologize if it is in the wrong forum. I was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with Kahr customer service. I have been trying to ship my PM9 back for service, but the customer service team cant seem to get me the shipping label. The front night sight is dead, so it is not a big deal, but I have been hung up on twice, accidentally I am told. Their customer service is only open from 8am to 4:30pm EST, which I think is kind of bad as well. I don't mean to rip on the company, I really like the gun, and like I say, there isn't really a big issue, just the front sight. At this point I have been trying for a week, I have left 3 messages, and I am trying to get a supervisor to call me back, but they won't. The frustration is getting to the point where I might just spend the $32 on the front sight and install it myself. I hate to do it, since the gun is only 2 months old, but it might just save me being without my gun for 3 weeks. Just my two cents, and wondering if this is an isolated issue.
    Well I DO mean to rip them. They suck. Their customer service is rude and inept. They make a pretty decent gun but their mags are crappola and they have told me numerous times that the mags HAVE to be loose at the top because of their asinine offset feed ramp set up. Yes, this helps make the gun very thin, but if it makes your mags so loose at the top that they shed rounds in the mag carrier as mine all do, then your product is crap plain and simple.

These are the reasons I no longer carry my CW9. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a Kahr. And other than the stupid mag issue, my CW9 has performed flawlessly but the mag problem is just too bad to overlook.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

North Carolina (The Eagle is from Alaska)
    If you buy a Kahr, you'll soon need to interact with Ian or Jay, (that is, if you actually try to shoot the gun).

But, please, try to be patient. Their lot in life is directly opposite from what his was:

maytag(1).jpg
    The Maytag Repairman
    (R.I.P)
    Last edited by ExGM; August 1st, 2013 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExGM View Post
    If you buy a Kahr, you'll soon need to interact with Ian or Jay, (that is, if you actually try to shoot the gun).

But, please, try to be patient. Their lot in life is directly opposite from what his was:

maytag(1).jpg
    The Maytag Repairman
    (R.I.P)
    Well I've had my pm9 now for 2 years. It has operated flawlessly. I carry it as a bug at work. It replaced a glock 27 which I had 2 critical mechanical trigger issues which kept the weapon from firing. It was not even a year old. Not saying glock is trash but because I had trouble with mine I would not issue a blanket statement that if you buy one you will have trouble with it.

You may want to check consumer reports too. According to them maytag did not live up to their repair claims. Just sayin

Sponsored Links