Am I the only one with this problem?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one with this problem? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have more or less decided on my carry piece. That aside, every time, I go to the lgs or do some minimal online searching ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Am I the only one with this problem?

I have more or less decided on my carry piece. That aside, every time, I go to the lgs or do some minimal online searching I find a new gun I'd want. I'm just there minding my own business and a really nice XD for a nice price. Then a fellow forum member posts some pictures of their really nice revolvers and all of a sudden I want one. And the list goes on and on, and on. Granted at this moment its all a pipe dream since I can't buy all the guns I'd like. But if I could buy all the guns and ammo I'd like...wow.

It's like a kid at a candy store that gets what he wants just to notice something else every time he decides to leave. So is it just me? Will I ever be cured?
    DJC7, 357and40, archer51 and 2 others like this.

No.. you are not the only one with that problem.
    Aceoky, ChrisATX and USM1976 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Why would you consider that a problem?
    USM1976, Aceoky and marcclarke like this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    I have more or less decided on my carry piece. That aside, every time, I go to the lgs or do some minimal online searching I find a new gun I'd want. I'm just there minding my own business and a really nice XD for a nice price. Then a fellow forum member posts some pictures of their really nice revolvers and all of a sudden I want one. And the list goes on and on, and on. Granted at this moment its all a pipe dream since I can't buy all the guns I'd like. But if I could buy all the guns and ammo I'd like...wow.

It's like a kid at a candy store that gets what he wants just to notice something else every time he decides to leave. So is it just me? Will I ever be cured?
    You are in trouble. You'll find yourself setting aside a "budget" , to get the next gun on your list. Your wife (if you have one) will start "sighing" a lot when you bring up guns, because she'll see all the new shoes and jewelry she could have boughten. So, immediately get your wife into shooting as well. Then you can say you are buying it for her, and then borrow it when you want. Then she also won't complain about what you are buying, because she'll be thinking about when she may want to borrow it from you.

You ... are 'hooked'. Start the 12 step program now, before it's too late.

Otherwise, later you will find yourself saying .... "well if one's good, then having two of them is even better".

Then a small gun safe, turns into a large gun safe, then a gun vault, then becomes a gun room...... and there is never enough ammo, and then well... you have to have a place to store it. IN the meantime you get into reloading, oh.... you are in further trouble and want to take over the entire basement of the house and sticking alarms and video cameras on your house... in the meantime, you have kids... and well, you have to take them shooting too .... and they need their own gun. Then you start naming your dog ... gun names, like Browning, Ruger , Smithy, etc.

Are you done ? Nope... then after the divorce, you figure that gives you extra closet space room for more guns and ammo.

Then the ATF and DHS raid your house, and the newspaper says you are some kind of "gun nut"..... but they can't find anything you've done that is illegal. Afterwards, you decide maybe you should sell off some of the safe queens that you never shoot anyway. But every time you sell one, you find two more that you would like to have. Then you get old and can't shoot anymore.......

Don't be a "gun nut" ......... who finds themselves in the newspaper, and later gets old, has arthritis and can't shoot anymore.
    HemiCoupl, Once, 313 and 5 others like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Nope, it's just you and you alone.
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member
    I've been buying handguns for years...there's always one more.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

DBS
    This must be what it's like for (some) women and handbags. I never understood it until I started buying pistols.
    BlueHawk76 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    nope, just you i`m afraid. im happy with a just one or two of each type, pistol, rifle and shotgun. but i cant stop buying ammo, it`s been like that since i started shooting, not just recently. i like having ammo.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Every time I go to the LGS there is a gun there that I didn't realize I needed until that moment....

Sometimes they follow me home, sometimes the State of Maryland intervenes with the one gun a month deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Don't be a "gun nut" ......... who finds themselves in the newspaper, and later gets old, has arthritis and can't shoot anymore.
    Funny but very true and I can just imagine. Sounds just like one of those Cable Ads about selling your hair to a wigshop

Yea I figured. I don't mind the "problem" but I'm sure I'll have to set the funds aside ^-^ that being said by girlfriend can't blame me. After all, it was her who bought my first folder, a Spyderco Sage 1, and she "volunteered" to buy my carry gun since I seem to be so into them. Of course, no complain from me. I may just have to use that down the line. "Honey it was you!"

She's a keeper though. Not as gun enthusiast but its open to learn and wants to. The more reason to get her out of Californialand and bring her to the land of the free.

DBS
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    Yea I figured. I don't mind the "problem" but I'm sure I'll have to set the funds aside ^-^ that being said by girlfriend can't blame me. After all, it was her who bought my first folder, a Spyderco Sage 1, and she "volunteered" to buy my carry gun since I seem to be so into them. Of course, no complain from me. I may just have to use that down the line. "Honey it was you!"

She's a keeper though. Not as gun enthusiast but its open to learn and wants to. The more reason to get her out of Californialand and bring her to the land of the brave.
    A girl who is willing to enable your addiction? You better hurry up and marry her.
    Eagleks likes this.

Hi! My name is LimaCharlie and I am a gun and ammo accumulator. I have been an accumulator since 1962. I have not bought a new gun since this morning. I can resist anything but temptation.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Hi! My name is LimaCharlie and I am a gun and ammo accumulator. I have been an accumulator since 1962. I have not bought a new gun since this morning. I can resist anything but temptation.
    Thank you for your bravery LimaCharlie. We could all learn something from you. Let's give him a hand. Who is next?

And you are right about the girl, a keeper alright.

I think you are the only one that considers it a "problem".

The state of mind whereby one has an insatiable desire to accumulate projectile-dispensing works of mechanical art is considered by myself to be fundamental to the psyche of a true American patriot.
    Eagleks likes this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I have the same problem but I have made the decision not to purchase just to have. I carry a XDM9c and have Shield for when I need something smaller.

I have another expensive hobby, boating, that cost several 100's a month in gas so I'm trying to stick with what I have and shoot them in the cooler months.

Good luck with your new hobby!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links