Pocket Pistol w/ Laser

This is a discussion on Pocket Pistol w/ Laser within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really want a Kahr CW380. However, it doesn't seem like they are coming out anytime soon. I have a Kahr CW9 but I want ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Pocket Pistol w/ Laser

Pocket Pistol w/ Laser

I really want a Kahr CW380. However, it doesn't seem like they are coming out anytime soon. I have a Kahr CW9 but I want something a little smaller for pocket carry. The Kahr P380 just seems too expensive for me.

I think I will get an LCP. Would you recommend w/ or w/out a laser? Seems as though the laser would get quite a bit of 'abuse' from front pocket carry. But, I'm not sure - that why I am asking. I'm not worried about the extra money for a laser and would like one - just wondering your thoughts and how they stand up over time.

2. Remove Ads

I carry the S&W Bodyguard 380. I know there are carry weapons that pack more power, but my concern is the carry portion--size. The Bodyguard has a laser too, although I'm hoping I never have to use it. At the range, it is difficult to see at 7 yards, not not impossible. The Bodyguard is the perfect size for my carry needs, and depending on what I am wearing, will carry ITB or in a pocket holster. I hardly notice it is there.

i have a LCP with CT and i never had a problem with it in my front pocket. just don't put anything else in the same pocket.
    candalos likes this.

Been pocket carrying my wifes LCP w/Lasermax. No issues and carries well.

Distinguished Member
    My S&W .38 bodyguard came with a laser. I use the laser to play with the cats. It's a snub nose gun, to me not made for far away (got a .40 for that). Personally, if I'm in the parking lot and get grabbed I ain't thinking about a laser, I'm up close and just want to get one belly shot in......or two
    NONAME762 likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I've got lasers on two of my guns. They have aided me in training. But if I could go back I probably wouldn't buy them again.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I carried an LCP with a side mount laserlyte for about a year. I finally took the laser off and put it away. IMO, the laser did what it was designed to do, but was just a waste of money. I never liked shooting the LCP, but I have to say it was dependable and very easy to carry. I got rid of mine, but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I guess that's why we have so many different types of guns. good luck
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    You own a mouse gun--want to call it a belly gun--fine. That is what it is. It is not designed for that 25 yard shootout, which, by definition, if you have any CC sense, is not what CC and self defense should be about. If someone is 25 yards away, you should be evading, running, hiding etal--anything to avoid a confrontation that should only take place per "stand your ground" and imminent danger and 25 or so yards is not, IMO, imminent danger unless you make it so--seriously doubt if the supposed BG is firing at you at 25 yards. Personally I believe the gun mfgrs have, just like the play toys on cars--ya know motorized everything, given you another little goodie so you will spend more dollars on the firearm and hopefully choose their bag of goodies over others. Just a point---my opinion and I am sure many do not agree. Do me a favor and do not waste time with an "anti" rant--I am not coming back to this thread so yada yada yada.
    StormRhydr and Hoodoo like this.

A laser is a training device. Helps you at the range, at home in dry-firing practice, shows you how to aim and pull the trigger.

In a real-life situation? Assume there are people screaming, running, you all bloody and jumping over stuff and snapping a round over your shoulder, etc. Your target is highly unlikely to be stationary and allowing you to put a laser beam on him. Of course, there's probably some situation where that might happen, but read the literature - most shootings are misses. Most involve a round or two fired and everybody goes running. In the closer events, there's no aiming involved - they are in the 3-ft distance range and lethal.

Instead, look at learning point-shooting. Highly accurate and doesn't require fiddling about with sights. Make the gun an extension of your eyes and arm and it will serve you as well as it did your forefathers.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I carried an LCP with a laser for years. The Crimson Trace was not phased by the abuse of pocket carry at all. CT is the only way to go in my opinion. Activation is completely intuitive, and I have never had one lose zero.

Even if you never use it in a defensive situation, a laser is an invaluable training aid. They are great for learning trigger control.
    squid86 and candalos like this.

LCP-CT factory Crimson trace
    LCP-LM factory Laser Max
    either would be a good choice.
    However there is another
    LCP with the laserlyte lowest cost option if you buy right and work fine. Advantage is you hardly know it is on the weapon.
    That said the Crimson seems to be the brightest in day light IMO.

I have crimson trace on my SP 101 good for training so far haven't had to use it for real, and really don't want to.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sontag View Post
    I carried an LCP with a laser for years. The Crimson Trace was not phased by the abuse of pocket carry at all. CT is the only way to go in my opinion. Activation is completely intuitive, and I have never had one lose zero.

Even if you never use it in a defensive situation, a laser is an invaluable training aid. They are great for learning trigger control.
    My thoughts exactly on this. I am planning on getting an LCP soon and if I go with a laser I M getting the crimson trace version.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    My S&W .38 bodyguard came with a laser. I use the laser to play with the cats. It's a snub nose gun, to me not made for far away (got a .40 for that). Personally, if I'm in the parking lot and get grabbed I ain't thinking about a laser, I'm up close and just want to get one belly shot in......or two
    For me, I got the laser for an Aurora type situation where I might be further from the BG than I would need to be for a sure shot. With chaos going on and people running around, I would want to be as precise as possible. Apart from that, using it to play with the cat is its next most useful function. :)
    Last edited by Bob2.0; August 11th, 2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: punctuation

OP - I went through a low light pistol class with my CT laser equipped LCP. All my defensive sidearms now wear CT lasers. The advantage it gave me relative to the others in the class had to be seen to be believed. I never missed the target, not once. My shots were clustered in the vitals...while all the others had shots scattered all over.

The naysayers will nay. The proof is on the target. Get the CT laser.
    Pawatch likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links